1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Premium Lotus 78 Cossworth @ Watkins Glen GP - Thursday July 23, 2015

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Dennis, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

CLUB-RACING-Flyer_lotus_78.jpg
    This Thursday it's time for some historic Formula 1 racing with the 1978 Lotus.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars:
    Lotus 78 Cossworth
    Track: Watkins Glen GP

Race 1
    Weather:
    Dry
    Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 18:30 GMT (30 minutes)
    Race: 19:00 GMT (10 laps)

Race 2
    Weather:
    Light Rain
    Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
    Race: 19:40 GMT (10 laps)

Please follow the instructions in the Known Multiplayer Issues & Workarounds post if you cannot find the server or encounter other problems.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Entry List
    1. Dennis
    2. Tommi Saari
    3. Fred E Jay
    4. rickscott
    5. SnappyDEe
    6. Free slot
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot
    16. Free slot
    17. Free slot
    18. Free slot
    19. Free slot
    20. Free slot
    21. Free slot
    22. Free slot
    23. Free slot
    24. Free slot

3. Tommi Saari

Tommi Saari
    Moving chicane Premium Member

yes, please.

4. Fred E Jay

Fred E Jay
    Premium Member

5. I got some things straightened out and will be able to race tonight!

Sign me up. I even installed TS and got it all set up. Looking forward to this race.

6. had a little play with this one last night,
    Count me in.
    any advice on how to make the teamspeak thing happen? is it voice, or keyboard ?

7. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

It's voice chat with multiple people.

Fairly straight forward:
    • Download the Teamspeak 3 Client
    • Grab the TS password here
    • Enter your real name and TS password here
    • And finally map a button on your steering wheel for push-to-talk :thumbsup:

8. I
    Thanks, Dennis. I followed these instructions and I'm all set up with TS. See you at the race tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Add me to the list.

We need more racers, C'mon guys!

10. Fred E Jay

Fred E Jay
    Premium Member

We need less racers, so that I'm sure to be on the podium !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks Dennis, do I need a headset to work with that?
    I think I have one somewhere at home.
    Watch out for me on track, I'll be the one at the back, sticking it into the wall at every opportunity!

12. Dennis

Dennis
    RedShift Racing Staff

Yup headset or any other mic :thumbsup:

13. DaddelJunkie

DaddelJunkie
    Premium Member

Sign me In

14. Count me in. :)

15. I missed race 1. I'm a dummy.

Race 2 - I had the jitters and instinctively hit the paddles at the start instead of the sequential shifter. Mind you, this was after running laps where I was using, guess what...? The Shifter! :redface:
    Luckily, I didn't cause a collision. Once I got going I made it up to 3rd and promptly flipped the car over on lap 5. :( Dennis, I don't know how you avoided me, Kudos to you for that. I didn't have the "reset car" button mapped so that was it for me. I now have that button mapped. i gotta get it together for next time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've not driven a race in the rain in a long time. Was really fun though, and I was surprised to see how well those wet tires gripped. I think it was still quite dry at the start of qualifying, hence the overheating. But by the time we raced, there was more water which helped keep temperatures in check. I spent the start of the race tippy-toeing around a little to avoid overheating, but gradually pushed more and more as I learned that wasn't really an issue.

Thanks for the races, it was fun. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fred E Jay

Fred E Jay
    Premium Member

These races were fun and it was a very good idea to add the rain. It really changed the conditions and the feelings.

Unfortunately, I had a strange bug between first quali and first race :
    At the end of the quali, I reduced my wings setting from F4/R5 to F3/R4. The car was not driveable so I came back to F4/R5. But when the race started, the car was undriveable again, as if wings were still in F3/R4. After two laps of race, I tried the only solution I had : go to the pits. And it worked ! My car was driveable again, so I could finish the race !
    I remember that other Racedepartment members met problems like this one during online races. I will write it in WMD forum.

Thank you Dennis for organizing this race !

• Like Like x 1