PC1 Lotus 72D - anyone like this car?

Presently, I am loving this car. It was terrible before the 1.4 patch. It is definitely a handful but very satisfying to drive . I especially like to run around at the following tracks:

Watkins GP
Spa
Oulton
Monza
Dubai GP
Zolder

I know the game is still buggy for most and I agree that it needs some work but please don't turn this into a simcade/console/i hate Mr B spank fest. I genuinely like the game, when it's working, and would like to see if anyone is into this car.

I'm really enjoying the older formula cars, the 72's a nice drive but I lean more towards the 78, I'm loving Pcars atm, R3E's disappeared off my drive and AC is gathering dust

Looks like they just released the patch as well, it's incoming now at 1.4gig

Last edited:
I like the 78 as well but there is something about the 72D...maybe it's that silly snorkel. Lol Anyway, I'm wondering if we could get a regular race with either one of these cars. Looks like we've got guys from all over the globe that might be interested. This is assuming today's patch helps to stabilize the game and MP experience.

Raced the Lotus 78 at Spa tonight. I set up a lobby and, to my surprise,.....about 13 other drivers joined in! So, I was on pole after a 15 minute quali. The race went nicely and I had a great battle for the first 6 laps against a chap with the Steam ID-TonyMontanaPR. Great racer. We went back and forth a couple times but then he lost it coming through Eau Rouge and onto the Kemmel Straight. I held on for two more laps to grab the win. Go to watch the replay to see if I could make a video to post here and guess what....?....that's right - TonyMontanaPR is nowhere to be found in the replay. WTF?!

I hate this replay glitch/bug!:thumbsdown:

Believe me guys. It was a good race. I'm not telling a fishing tail here. :unsure:

I'm really liking both cars now. For very different reasons, though.

The lobby was pretty stable but there were still funky things going on with the cars behind me at the start.

After reading this thread I though tI better have a good old test in these cars. I am enjoying all the Lotuses now, you can really feel the difference between the non aero and aero cars. I especially like driving the nuts of the 78.

Aero is something I think PCARS does exceptionally well. You can really feel the effects of it at work and subsequently drive accordingly to maximise it's effects.

http://www.racedepartment.com/media...ssic-team-lotus-all-cars-donnington-gp.10156/

I could make that if it was an hour later. Also, 10 laps is too short (IMO).

Would love to race though. Oh, I found another great combination: The Mercedes DTM C Coupe at Spa. Fun! That car is very very nice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back