AC Lotus 49 @ Monza '66 - Sat 12th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
what an idiot thats what happens when you have 6 stubbies go for a wee just before race and load q setup , going to have another one after that ,hope you had good race guys

Great fun guys. :)

These cars are monsters, but are oh so rewarding when you nail down a good lap.

Could have finished higher if I hadn't have spun 3 laps in at the Lesmos and had I not locked up and got tangled up with Harry at Parabolica after screwing up the entry on the same lap. Completely my fault there, sorry!

I also got caught up in that crazy crash in a similar position on the track with Jack, Tony and Harry halfway in. Nothing more crazy that driving through smoke and all of a sudden seeing two cars 50 metres ahead of you stopped in the middle of the circuit. Scary stuff haha.

Surprised I did my fastest lap in the race though I believe that was assisted the Lesmo barriers. It's faster to crash into them and ride the barrier and not brake it seems. Even a slight touch to correct the car after locking up made me gain a few tenths. Once car damage is working I guess that won't be possible anymore though. :p Still managed consistent sub 1:31s in the race cleanly so I'm happy with that.

The Formula Abarth race afterward was good fun too. Great fun battling at the front before screwed over by one of the Mugello kerbs and my soft tyres basically shredding themselves to bits in the final few laps which let Tony through as well.

Oh well, should be around next weekend so I look forward to that! :)

Awesome fun everyone. Again, I'd love to drive these more often, but I take Chris' point that you need the right type of track to drive them on.

Made a couple of mistakes but kept her out of the wall, bar one mild scrape of the barrier. Slowed down for Chris at the end and tried to show off my sub-par drifting skills around the Parabolica but to no avail!

Catch you all next weekend. Cheers to Chris, Tony, and RD :thumbsup:

Man that was an epic night of racing!

The 49's are just nuts. But as Justin says, they're incredibly rewarding when you can finally get locked in.
Huge apologies to all those that I caused accidents with (Tony, Jack and Jamie), I had my own little Pastor Maldonado moment. Not my finest hour haha.

Then the Formula Abarth sprint race was just beautiful. Those things are a pleasure to drive, after the chaos of the Lotus 49's. You're just thinking your way around the track rather than having to think about shifting or car balance too much, and the car just obeys and does what you ask of it.

Thanks so much guys, I had a freaking blast!

Until next week!

@Chris Stacey

It doesn't get any closer than this :D:thumbsup:
QFtUHcJ.jpg

The racing was a blast as usual but that was by far my closest battle. Great fun regardless of the position but it is cool to have mixed it with P1. My asymmetric setup was really helping in the braking zone. Looking forward to next week gang.

Wlodek Traczyk (Can't tag you as I don't have the crazy "L" on my keyboard)
I'll put you out of your misery. We are in Australia and the racing is over. In fact Saturday 12th will be over in 48 minutes but I'll be watching replays all Sunday!!!

here is my setup ,can get into the low 28s with this just do not drive it too hard into the corners , i also believe these cars can be used on most of the tracks with a bit of practice

Attachments

• 3.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 250
I also got caught up in that crazy crash in a similar position on the track with Jack, Tony and Harry halfway in. Nothing more crazy that driving through smoke and all of a sudden seeing two cars 50 metres ahead of you stopped in the middle of the circuit. Scary stuff haha.

Surprised I did my fastest lap in the race though

Yeah Sorry about that Justin I clip Harry as i was passing him I Think I may have clip the grass and slid and from there on i was just a passenger, Tony got caught up as well as i was pin balling all over the place :confused:

I also posted my own PB great moment, So rewarding to put a nice lap together. Any way great fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 135 13.8%