1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

AU Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 @ Mugello - Saturday 8th August 2015

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Stacey, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

2-11 GT4.jpg
    Open-wheeler Saturdays!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us!
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track!

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM AUSTRALIA
    Teamspeak Password: Click Here
    Racing Club Rules: Click Here

Cars:
    Lotus 2-Eleven GT4
    Track: Mugello
    Weather: Clear | Ambient: 33C | Track: 50C

Booking: 20:00 AEST (30 mins)
    Practice:
    20:30 AEST (30 mins)
    Qualifying:
    21:00 AEST (15 mins)
    Race:
    21:15 AEST (15 laps)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Entry List:
    1. Chris Stacey
    2. Włodek Traczyk
    3. Casper
    4. Evan Spall (maybe)
    5. Nick10
    6. Aidan Keranen
    7. Vacant
    8. Vacant
    9. Vacant
    10. Vacant
    11. Vacant
    12. Vacant
    13. Vacant
    14. Vacant
    15. Vacant
    16. Vacant
    17. Vacant
    18. Vacant
    19. Vacant
    20. Vacant
    21. Vacant
    22. Vacant
    23. Vacant
    24. Vacant

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  3. Add me to the list. With me will be Saturday morning. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. SK

SK
    Prince with a thousand enemies. Premium Member

Again tentative

5. Casper

Casper
    Premium Member

yes please

6. SK

SK

I'm in but I'll be on-call which means I could mcbail at any moment.

7. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

@Evan Spall @Casper
    I've changed this event to the 2-Eleven GT4, because quite frankly either of the T125 cars are a preposterous choice of car for a club event. It just isn't a club car, and the 2-11 GT4 is a far more approachable car for everyone.

8. SK

SK

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. WoW... Change car... [​IMG] Yesterday on race I broke the steering wheel I think the fix until Saturday.

10. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

either car is fine. would have loved the T125 again

11. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

T125 is a great car, it's just that very few can people can actually keep the thing on track for more than 2 laps. It's a bit of a handful, so I decided to change to something that is more manageable and that more people can have a fun race with :)

12. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

Nah the T125 is a dream :laugh:
    keep in mind that i loved driving it on a xbox controller too :thumbsup:

13. Casper

Casper
    Premium Member

I wouldn't mind a crack either at the T125. Maybe we can get a verbal agreement setup for a decent grid of at least 8 or more when we get together on teamspeak at another event and make a time there and then. Just not between 18th and 25th August please. Back in Bali again.
    It's only a one off. We surprised ourselves with pretty clean racing in the FM

14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

I'm happy to change this back to the T125, it's just I don't think it'll be a fun race for anyone. It's just too tough to drive consistently for most. Most people will be spinning out every other corner and the pace differences will result in like 30 second gaps.

The T125 is on a totally different level compared to the Formula Master, lol.

15. Casper

Casper
    Premium Member

I totally understand mate, that's why I thought if we have a chat during a club run with decent numbers we can see what the response is like and then go with it rather than make an event where no one turns up. @Evan Spall , @Ashley Cowan and I joined a European server at silverstone one night in the Williams 2009 and had quite a bit of fun
    Happy to wait and get some feedback from the crew

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ashley Cowan

Ashley Cowan
    Premium Member

In some ways those cars are easier than road cars. I think we need to throw them in mix occasionally. The big difference is the reaction times and concentration needed. They stick so well but boy the corners arrive quickly.
    Maybe 2 short races helps with that.

Racing anything at Mugello is freaking cool. I am just gutted there is a Bledisloe Cup match and we have friends coming over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I have not driven a Lotus GT4 for me maybe more difficult to drive than T125. We'll see... ;)

18. Matt

Matt
    Premium Member

its a pitty that I cant make it tonight as I want to give this a crack, going camping with some old mates.

19. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Captain Slow Premium Member

Fancied the T125, but I'm in , but I still have a PC prob, being sorted but prob not by then , so I could disappear easily, and I don't mean in your mirrors, that's normal.

PC having the i5 4690k replaced with a i7, and the gtx9704gb replaced with gtx9804gb,

I gotta pay cost difference. :( but good :)

20. Casper

Casper
    Premium Member