• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Lots of stuttering, please help

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by RoMaN14, Sep 15, 2017.

1. RoMaN14

RoMaN14

Ratings:
    +15
    I've tried everything, but the game keeps doing a lot of micro stutters on various tracks like Australia and Brazil, making the game unplayable for me, as the stutter is on the braking zone a lot of the time.

I have an AMD card that should run the game comfortably. Anyone with an AMD card that has managed to solve the issue, feel free to help. Thanks in advance.

2. Booth.the.doberman

Booth.the.doberman

Ratings:
    +27
    Just so you know...this was also a problem in F1 2016. It was one of the largest posts on the CM forum. Yet CM wouldn't admit that it existed and they never did anything to fix it, so it's back in F1 2017. And it will be back in F1 2018. The passing under SC was an issue in F1 2016 and CM did not admit it happened. It's happening again in F1 2017 and CM isn't addressing it. So it will be back in F1 2018, too. I have an RX 480. The stutter gets so bad on Australia, but it always seems to be in the area between turns 3 and 5. Have you noticed it happening consistently on the same part of the track?

3. RoMaN14

RoMaN14

Ratings:
    +15
    Yep, it's consistently on the same parts, has to do with the rendering for sure.

4. Booth.the.doberman

Booth.the.doberman

Ratings:
    +27
    I've been thinking it might be shader cache. I mention this a lot in forums, but this has also become an issue with the DX11 version of RFactor2. They only recently started beta on the DX11 version, and I've seen stutter there, too.

5. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    One thing that has helped me (R9 390) is to download CPUCores (expensive program on steam, I bought it with my own money) and use it to disable hyperthreading (I5-3570k). For some reason, this has helped with the stutter and almost eliminated it (happens once per race or so, 25% of races vs happening on every lap). I have tested this on multiple tracks and weather conditions and CPUCores seems to really help the stutter. I have also heard that turning off shader cache in the catalyst panel may help as well but seemed to make no difference for me.

6. RoMaN14

RoMaN14

Ratings:
    +15
    Well I don't have hyperthreading, but disabling the cache improved the situation slightly. I still can't drive on some tracks, but the change is noticeable. I am certain it's a software issue, since on the same tracks Time Trial is much better, but basically the exact same things are rendered.

7. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    You could still try CPU cores (it also raises the game prior and drops some of the operating system overhead) to see if it makes a difference. You get 2 hours on steam to refund it. I would be curious to see if it works for you.

8. halukbay

halukbay

Ratings:
    +1
    Stuttering gone for me after 1.7.
    Am I halucinating or can anybody confirm?
    Thx

9. Booth.the.doberman

Booth.the.doberman

Ratings:
    +27
    It's still there. Championship race, lap 3 at Australia between corners three and five where it always happens. I don't expect CM to fix this or the SC issue. They didn't even look at either of those problems last year (they said they couldn't recreate so oh well...). I'm confident they won't look at it this year either.

10. micmcmiller

micmcmiller

Ratings:
    +3
    1. sorry my english. 2. ONLY for nvidia. 3. Nvidia system control. 4. DRS Factors 2880x1880. smoothing 10%. ("global" store !!!!)
    ingame: advanced settings: everything out.
    lighting: high, texturstreaming: low
    greeting micha

Ohhh..sorry AMD!
    Downsampling with AMD

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/vsr

1. sorry mein englisch. 2. NUR für nvidia. 3. Nvidia systemsteuerung. 4. DRS faktoren 2880x1880. glättung 10%. ( "global" speichern !!!! )
    ingame: erweiterte einstellungen: alles aus.
    beleuchtung: hoch , texturstreaming: niedrig
    gruß micha

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  11. aagancia

aagancia

Ratings:
    +788
    For those with Nvidia cards.Try un-installing Geforce Experience. This reduced most of the stutters for me.

12. Trickz

Trickz

Ratings:
    +4
    Don't have the problem in f1 2017 but had a similar issue in dirt titles and reducing crowd detail helped a lot.

13. chamsquier

chamsquier

Ratings:
    +0
    for me RX560 with fx8320
    1980*1020
    Fullscreen
    Refresh rate depend on your monitor for me 75hz
    V-synce on
    V-synce interval 1
    high preset
    motion blur 0%