1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOOOOONG Endurance Race?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Eric. K, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Hell yah!! that would be too cool :)

2. Nah... Too boring to lap for that long.. Zzzzzzz....

1. I was just gauging interest in a VERY long endurance race in EVO (3+ hours). Most likely GT-Pros.
  2. Hekll yeah, as a once in a blue moon thing.
  3. I would do it as long as it's on a Friday/Saturday. :)
  4. I dont think it can be any other day.
  5. Do you realize how many laps down I would be at the end of that!
    It would probably be fun, but I think it would be hard to find enough driver due to time zones.
  6. Most likely Saturday or Sunday afternoon (US)/evening (EU)
  7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Bring it on. lol.
  8. Would prefer something a bit slower than the GT pro's, I wouldn't expect to last long with them....

How about the R8's or something of a similar speed?
  9. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

I think driving production cars for such a long period is actually more difficult than the GT's. At least you can work on setups with the GT's which can make driving easier.
  10. We should do a multi class GT series race. I think that would be fun. I don't really like any of the cars in the PRO series. No porsche... I wish they had the new M3 in the GT sport class or whatver one it is.

We need LMP cars.
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Before you all get too excited: the game only supports max 120 minute races :)
  12. rFactor it is then. Which means less numbers.
  13. My copy turned up today! Theres a 2nd copy on its way for my 2nd PC so Alex Gibson (he races on my spare PC until he gets his sorted) can join us too!
  14. Well, is that true? What if I specify 100 laps at Spa?
  15. Whatever you do, don't do Nordschliefe. That track is too demanding to race on for 2 hours, unless we get a long practice and warmup.
  16. Bram is right, you can't do races over two hours long. Not sure about laps, though. We'll have to wait and see... :)
  17. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

If it helps any planning, we recently ran an Inter Club Challenge at Spa 2004 in GTP cars, and the top drivers completed 50 laps in 2 hours, including 2 parade laps before a rolling start.

BTW, I'd highly recommend the manual parade lap start for such a long enduro, in case a few drivers end their race at Eau Rouge in the opening lap.
  18. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Start the Race after Eau Rouge. :D
  19. Ok but what about the track? Maybe Spa2004 would be fun:D.
  20. It looks as we can run up to 120laps at any track (at least that's the max I can setup in a dedicated server and what I see when I join the game). I might just add some AI and let it run over night. If that works then a ~2min track x 120 = ~240mins = 4hours :)