Looking For The Right Racing League [RF2]

Hello, I am currently looking to race again with my Logitech G27 Racing Wheel. I am looking into maybe racing into the FSR racing scene, but I am not sure in American, more likely, Chicago area time(CST), I would have to be on in order to make the practice, qualy, and race schedules. I am also not accustomed to racing with online people, nor do I have the tuning knowledge of a Formula style car, I may know what kind of a setup in my head I want based on looking at track layouts, but that's how it just goes from there. I also want to make note to everyone that I have Autistic Disabilities, and am 21 years of age.

I will say PRO will be very early especially if there is prequalifying. PRO is where you will want to start out. All times are GMT so it should be pretty easy to figure the difference.

If you don't have online experience, I will recommend to join some social races just for the experience. Race Department and other sites host these all the time.

Kyle,
I can't tell from your post what is your current level?
It would probably be a good idea to get some experience in online racing in various forms of car.
It will give you experience and a guide as to your pace.
If you find yourself at the front of the pack in many races it would be an indicator that you might be ready fo some high end Formula car racing.

FSR has 3 levels and although Pro is the entry level the standards though varying are still quite high.
You will need to get an understanding of set up to have any chance or to join a team that does.
To do that the team will need to know you have a good standard.

So depending on your current level you need to
a) Master lower level open wheelers (Skip Barber, FR 3.5)
b) Get some good competition in club type races
c) Start to work on set-up

From there you will get a guage as to where you are.

In RD several of the FSR drivers also appear at club level races. You can race in a few and get an idea where you are in the scheme of things.

Good luck and have fun.

edit, racing club events are posted here, usually other drivers will share set ups with you and its a lot of fun too.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/rfactor-2-racing-club-leagues.75/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years