looking for hardware recommendation

Hello,

I'm not new to this site but had never posted here before. Sorry for the long post, to sum it up, I'm sick of thrustmaster, looking for complete new set of hardware. I'm thinking Fanatec CS V2.5, ClubSport Pedals V3, ClubSport Shifter V1.5. But some say with that price, might as well get a direct drive. I just hope whatever I buy will last a long time. I want to hear your opinion, I'm open to all suggestions, and thank you for your time.

If you want to know the problem I have, read below.
I currently using a T500rs with F1 wheel addon, TH8A shifter, and old playseat and vive vr headset. the games i play are pcars, ac and rfactor2.

When i first decide to get the T500rs + all other accessories , it was by no means cheap. Never even cross my mind about it's reliability. After the first year, sometimes when you counter steer, it will instantly kill the power brick. usually have to wait at least a day until it's usable again. While under warranty, Thrustmaster was nice enough to send me another power supply brick for free. However what I didn't know is that the source of the this problem actually comes from the main PCB inside the wheel base. The new power brick worked for a few month and same problem starts. I was able to switch between the two power supply and keep playing. Slowly the problem gets worse and worse. Now after 3 years of use (note: i have about 600hrs combined game play) It won't even last one lap before shuts off. Out of warranty, Thrustmaster tells me that I have to buy a new PCB and solder it on myself, but i can't get a return/refund of the PCB if that does not fix the issue. I thought this wheel performed quite well while it worked. Just sad that it's gonna go down like this...
(this is not to mention i constantly had to clean the potentiometer and wheel is always slightly off center...)

After reading the first few lines of your post, I was wondering why a power supply change.
Everything pointed to the PCB.
TM should have recognized that...bad on their part for not replacing it immediately.
That said; I can't speak to the Fanatec wheel, but I can address the Clubsport pedals I currently own.
If I had to choose again I would not own them.
Operationally, they feel great but I've had to change the throttle sensor once per year, after the first two years of ownership.
I've also replaced the main PCB in an attempt to investigate why the sensor failures were so frequent.
It's been a 'love-hate' experience.
Hopefully, they've cured the sensor issue with the release of the V3 version..
You may want to 'Google' and see what the reliability is before purchasing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%