1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Looking for guest spot for the weekend(imola)

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Ben Eastman, May 29, 2014.

1. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Hey guys, I been looking into starting my team but really want to race Imola if possible. Always been one of my fav. tracks from back in the day.

I uploaded a hot-lap just to show what I can do and not wasting anyone's time.

2. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Ratings:
    +332
    The top of FSR PRO will do below 1:21 so you still need more practice. :p

Also, remove that music from the video. >.>

I don't want to be mean but whoever puts music in their hotlaps are weird :D

3. Rando Tamm

Rando Tamm

Ratings:
    +42
    If you pay for the drivers license, then you can join my team easily in PRO.

4. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Only my second day on RFactor 2, I figured it would take me some time to get up to pace with the leaders :)

The main part is being on the grid, taking part in the race weekends, and gaining experience to go forward.....

besides, if you watch the video i can see atleast 3 missed apex's and plenty of places to keep improving....def not a perfect lap!!! Just figured ppl would take me more seriously if I showed I can get the car around the track.

5. Dian Kostadinov

Dian Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +194
    The main part of your development is to practice offline, not to join in server unexperienced driver with 2 days with the sim (there are a lot of them, no need extra).

6. Rando Tamm

Rando Tamm

Ratings:
    +42
    He already did under 1.21 and is in my team. :D

7. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    There's a lot of them? The most amount of people I've seen at any point this week is 4......

8. Dian Kostadinov

Dian Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +194
    Under 1.21 with what fuel ?

9. Dian Kostadinov

Dian Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +194
    I meant to not be hurry to race if you are not ideal prepared for the race or to race with 20+ drivers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Appreciate the concern and I get your point, I don't think I'll be a danger to other drivers if that's what you mean...

11. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Everybody thinks like that... And then every race we have carnage and retired cars...

12. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Yes, some of the starts have been gnarly......

13. Chris de Jong

Chris de Jong

Ratings:
    +216
    stupid music in your video = wasting time watching cba alt f4

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Georg Winter

Georg Winter

Ratings:
    +146
    The top of FSR PRO will do below 1:20 ;)

15. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Ratings:
    +332
    Yeah I know now, but not all will go below 1:21 either. :D

16. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    What did I tell you mate? You're just not ready, you destroyed my rear left suspenssion.

17. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Did we even make contact? I mean I was beached in the middle of the track pulling off-line to the outside and you tried to go around me the wrong side...I don't know how you can sum that up as anything more than bad luck. I thought you just span as you went around me

18. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Why don't you just watch the replay? It says a lot.

19. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    I watched it....again at that point I don't know what you expect me to do...if you watch the replay you see me wait for a clear bit of track but i messed up my exit from the gravel. not easy driving with no suspension on the right side. Once I was at that angle your blind in my mirrors so im pulling forward to get off the racing line. How can I know your going to try to go around me on the outside of that bend? If i reverse there, i block the corner entry to the apex, if i sit still, i block both. It sucks we came together but you still finished the race, and definately being a bit harsh judging from some of the crazy incidents going on in that race.

20. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    The fact is - you destroyed my race after only 8 laps. Nothing else I can say. You should be using maps, look left/right buttons and anithing else that might keep others safe.