• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a used PC wheel

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Niels Eppenhof, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Niels Eppenhof

Niels Eppenhof

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm not very serious in this game, but I do want to play without TC and stuff because that's the fun out of it.
    I tried doing this with the controller I had (Logitech Rumblepad 2) but that didn't work.
    So, I'm looking for a cheap wheel that does the job.

Was thinking of the Ferrari Racing Wheel Universal.
    Is that a good wheel or isn't it?

2. David Ross

David Ross

Ratings:
    +87
    I bought a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT experience wheel about 4 months ago for £37.00 from amazon and it does the job for the moment, i've had to replace the paddles and had a few problems with the pedals.

Scott Webber is selling a Logitech Driving force GT on here for £55.00 plus postage. something like that would probably be better.

3. Niels Eppenhof

Niels Eppenhof

Ratings:
    +0
    That's cheap because the Logitech Driving Force GT is 99 euro's over here :p
    So I should look for something which is about 50-60 euro's if I don't want it to breakdown the 1st month?

4. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    The worst ive heard about the DFGT is the buttons on the back of the wheel for gear shifts (no paddles) can get a bit sticky.

I think the cheaper Logitech stuff is slightly better quality than cheaper Thrustmaster wheels, so If I was in your position and wanted cheap and reliable, then Logitech is probably the best way to go.

5. Maxime Moreau

Maxime Moreau

Ratings:
    +0
    I play with the supersports 3x , he got a customizer , you can put a more sensivity for the wheel and the pedals , place the buttons like you want . And it works good , sure , it is not a Logitech but , it works and he is like 40-50 Euros.

Sorry for my english.....

6. Niels Eppenhof

Niels Eppenhof

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I'll take this all in mind when deciding.
    I've also seen a steering wheel from the brand 'Konig'.
    It's not popular, but most of the times, the unpopular brands have better customer service, so if something breaks down I can get it replaced for free most of the times. The one I was looking at was 29 euros. Worth the try?

7. Maxime Moreau

Maxime Moreau

Ratings:
    +0
    Try , if you don't like him replace him. But , it takes time to be good with him , but after , you will be dependant of him lol.

8. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Reverse logic eh? I dunno about Konig, but in general you get what you pay for. Not had to use it myself but I hear Logitech service on returns is top notch.

9. Niels Eppenhof

Niels Eppenhof

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, Thank you all.
    I've not yet decided but this has helped me a lot :)

10. Roy Sutton

Roy Sutton

Ratings:
    +265
    I use the Xbox 360 wheel and i like it a lot. I picked my first wheel up which i keep as spare now for £28 from CEX, and i picked a new one up from Argos. Can't remember how much the new one was though.