Looking for a skin maker

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Hi folks,

I'm looking for someone that can create a skin for my team (Raptor Engineering Racing) for two Brazilian iRacing leagues I'm taking part.

The cars I'm using are the F-Renault 2.0 and the RUF GT3 car. The only request is I already have a team logo, so that would need to be featured. I unfortunately can't pay you to do it, but I'll throw my appreciation if you are inking to do it :)

If you don't mind skinning my car, let me know either here or send me a PM.

Did you post in the iRacing showroom or paint discussion forum? I just looked in there for painters advertising but most will only paint for money. I got some done cheap like $5 and the helmet was expensive but the guy does amazing quality, so what the hell.

Did you post in the iRacing showroom or paint discussion forum? I just looked in there for painters advertising but most will only paint for money. I got some done cheap like $5 and the helmet was expensive but the guy does amazing quality, so what the hell.
I thought of posting there, but the paid job has kept me off. Right now I've just spent around 70$ in tracks and cars, where normally that wouldn't be EXPENSIVE, but in Brazilian currency making that calculation it's expensive. It nearly quadruples the value you'd paid for in dollars.

If the occasion needs to go with a paid painting, then I'll check it out on the forums or with my buddies that are in the same league. I got a bit of time to get that skin ready :p

Well...just post in there, im sure someone will come up, just dont expect the best quality or timing on getting it done. Plus it depends how complicated the livery is, my team mate in one league did mine for the Aston, wasnt too complicated and did it for free. Im guessing your not a trading paints premium member, because then you could just create it yourself through there simple paint builder and then add your logo to it. Sorry for the Brazilian currency.

@Sunny Sky Speed, can you provide me with the light at the end of the tunnel?
I would be interested if it weren't for the fact I do not own iRacing. And for that other factor "time is money". I rarely do free personal or team skins, with latest exception for Paul Jeffrey as I offered it to him as per promotional benefit for myself and to help him out. You see recent history learned me that accepting free requests is a never ending storyI . Although I have complete understanding for people not willing/able to pay for any kind of mod, I ask for mutual understanding that I just can't spend all of my free time skin modding for free, while the wife and kids and a full time job need my attention too. If I choose to spend my time on making personal skins for others and not on my family, I need to have sth in return. This topic has been discussed over and over on social media, with pro's and cons. But I assure you, a decent quality livery takes its time and doing a "quick" skin just doesn't serve the author right and could backfire in his future as livery designer (as I actually prefer to call it).
It's the same story with all other mods. There are tons of good mods for free, but some carry a price tag (URD offered us the C6R and sold the C7R to Kunos) like I made tons of skins and skin packs worth +1000hrs available for free, but if you'd like something personalized or custom build, you will have to offer sth in return unless you are lucky enough to find that one guy who will do it for free.
Also, as Zelimper, a very skilled livery designer, got lucky enough to be contracted by Kunos and thus rewarded for his skinning skills and beautiful creations, I can't see why other skilled designers should offer their services at a free rate, as they too offer great content for that same game, as they already proved themselves worthy of skilled designers, as they already spent hundreds or even thousands of hours acquiring those skills, as they too invest and donate into other mods, supporting their favourite designers, developpers besides supporting the game developpers in both purchasing DLC's and offering extra quality content. I rest my case.
That is the story of this virtual modders world today, no exceptions made.
So I am not saying I don't want to help you, it's just that I know from experience I must refuse this to avoid escalation(without wanting to brag).One could call this unfare, but some people do however pay, good money sometimes, for custom liveries. I even closed my fb account because of this matter. If people valuate my work enough to give sth in return I am happy to listen, without even then being sure to deliver and therefore accept if time forbids. I usually work with people who do not request skins in short deadlines, as I dislike time pressure. Real life is too much of a variable factor in that.
Having said that, @Paul Jeffrey is a lucky exception. Sorry to decline Lorenzo, unless you can offer me an iRacing account?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested if it weren't for the fact I do not own iRacing. And for that other factor "time is money". I rarely do free personal or team skins, with latest exception for Paul Jeffrey as I offered it to him as per promotional benefit for myself and to help him out. You see recent history learned me that accepting free requests is a never ending storyI . Although I have complete understanding for people not willing/able to pay for any kind of mod, I ask for mutual understanding that I just can't spend all of my free time skin modding for free, while the wife and kids and a full time job need my attention too. If I choose to spend my time on making personal skins for others and not on my family, I need to have sth in return. This topic has been discussed over and over on social media, with pro's and cons. But I assure you, a decent quality livery takes its time and doing a "quick" skin just doesn't serve the author right and could backfire in his future as livery designer (as I actually prefer to call it).
So I am not saying I don't want to help you, it's just that I know from experience I must refuse this to avoid escalation(without wanting to brag).One could call this unfare, but some people do however pay, good money sometimes, for custom liveries. I even closed my fb account because of this matter. If people valuate my work enough to give sth in return I am happy to listen, without even then being sure to deliver and therefore accept if time forbids. I usually work with people who do not request skins in short deadlines, as I dislike time pressure. Real life is too much of a variable factor in that.
Having said that, @Paul Jeffrey is a lucky exception. Sorry to decline Lorenzo, unless you can offer me an iRacing account?
Totally understandable my friend. No hard feelings :)

I was lucky to download the car template to make modifications. You don't need the game to do that modifications directly for that :p

But thanks for being transparent :)

:DTransparancy is my middle name. Just edited my previous post by adding some drama LOL. Regarding the "no need to own the game"....I can't render my skin mods without viewing in game, as I don't own any 3d software besides Blender, and I don't think I can render this in Blender, unless someone told me how to. I assure you too, designing a livery on a template alone is near to impossible, or so that is with the Kunos templates. No idea how a iRacing template looks.
Or maybe you meant sth totally different with that remark?

I downloaded the car template file and it's a .psd standard file, so I don't know how complicated would be the skin making, I'm equal to a void in term of skinning, my art level is equal to inexistent.

If the .psd suffice to have a good idea how the car will look like without needing the game to see necessary adjustments then great. You have a better idea of how this works :p

Psd exists of layers of paints and logo's. To see the result of a psd paint, you need to combine all layers and save as .dds file in the skin map. Then you can view the result ingame or perhaps render in a 3d program. I assure you though, a straight line in a template is almost never straight on the car as the template is 2d and the car is 3d.
May I suggest "Starting to skin, painting the Bailey way" fast painting course if you want to do this yourself, using Photoshop or GIMP.Just google it.
Or I maybe can help you finding a painter for free....
@schUPpor ? @Brownninja97 ? @Xedrox ? @blackcelica ? @Bernd Graf ?

Someone called my name...?
Usually I am a candidate for a request like that, but at the moment my real life absolutely keeps me from taking it - no chance in terms of free time for skinning... Also I don't own iRacing and it's absolutely needed for getting usable skins on a car. I once did a RUF for a friend, using his account so I know it's a must.
Sorry, and good luck

These are skins I had paid for plus my helmet, each vary in price except for the black Aston, that one was for free.
FqydLeB.jpg

6uO8mHN.jpg

N7EdVky.jpg
UPuFRob.jpg

Why not go on trading paints? I looked up the most popular/prolific artists and messaged my chosen guy about a custom helmet (my real life motorbike one), he did it for free and it was pretty difficult to do. (The helmet is not simple and the template is pretty awkward)

Edit: this was the guy: http://www.tradingpaints.com/profile/202060/Andrew-C-F

My helmet (Car skin by me, not part of my deal)
RfEQH3U.jpg

Last edited:
Why not go on trading paints? I looked up the most popular/prolific artists and messaged my chosen guy about a custom helmet (my real life motorbike one), he did it for free and it was pretty difficult to do. (The helmet is not simple and the template is pretty awkward)

Edit: this was the guy: http://www.tradingpaints.com/profile/202060/Andrew-C-F

My helmet
RfEQH3U.jpg

I will try to post something on the forums, man I'm bummed that I'll have to pay, since my money is really short right now :p, but as long my team logo, my amateur karting league and driver name is there then all should be good..

I will try to post something on the forums, man I'm bummed that I'll have to pay, since my money is really short right now :p, but as long my team logo, my amateur karting league and driver name is there then all should be good..
Yeah just ask around. Like I said, if its not too complicated you can pay cheap or even free yes. Hope you get it worked out, I love my custom stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back