1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a racing cockpit for Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Sammy1990, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm planning on buying a racing cockpit near Christmas solely for Gran Tursimo 5.

I'm from the UK and my Budget is about £350. I'm using a Logitech G25 at the moment.

2. There are numerous options out there such as Playseats, Obutto but I am using a GameRacer Pro seat/frame from http://gameracer.co.uk

It's a great quality set up that is customisable to suit just about any size of gamer including my 6'3" frame. The frame also has optional support for a wide range of devices to be mounted to the frame. When I enquired about support for a Fanatec shifter mount Ted the owner of GameRacer was kind enough to give me a free mount worth around £30 for sending him one of my Fanatec shifters so he could make a prototype. I've had the seat for nearly tow years now and it's still as strong and sturdy as it was when I first assembled it.

3. You should check out the GT Omega Racing http://www.gtomegaracing.com/
    Its probably the best value racing cockpit in the UK. I own one and its very good and sturdy. its a cool design and it has no bars in the middle.

4. Indeed try to avoid ones with bars in the middle. :)

5. like the playseat evolution for example?

why? is it cause it's hard to reach the braking pedal in the middle or what?

6. GamePOD are a good rig. You can have them customised should you wish. With no central column, and overall a very sturdy unit. My friends has had one for 5 years and says it's as good as the day he bought it.
    The GT2 is the one to go for but i do believe there is GTS model coming out soon where the pedal tray detaches or something for easier storage.

www.gamepod.co.uk

7. Thanks for all your help and advice guys. I've just pre-ordered the GT Omega Racing Pro. Its probably the coolest looking rig out there at the moment, and the price is really very reasonable. they got a really good review on insidesimracing.

The Gamepod is just too expensive. I will be nearly paying double for the same set-up as the GT Omega. But thanks for the recommending to me. unfortunately its way over my £350 budget lol. way over.

I'm getting a monitor stand, keyboard tray, G25 Gear shifter mount and speaker stand as well with my order ;) plus a reclining leather racing seat. OMG!!
    Can't wait till it arrives.

Thanks again for all your help guys!!!

I found an awesome picture of the GT Omega with a 40 inch Samsung installed.
    [​IMG]

The owner said it was still very sturdy with it installed