Looking for a old mod.

I'm looking for "F1 1988 Missing Teams Update", because the GTR2's F1 1988 mod that easier to found, but it only contains 11 out of 18 teams of actual F1 team in 1988 and I know there's a mod to make it complete, but since Nogrip is no more for a long time, and normal network reserachs doesn't give me good result so have to ask here...

"F1 1988 Missing teams Update 1.4 by RacerM" ?

Can upload here if it's not around anymore. 18meg file

BTW, this is from an old nogrip thread about the '88 F1 mod, may be useful:

"Smother suspension for formula 1 - 1988
------------------------------------------

Go to your GTR 2 folder .... Game Data/Teams/Formula1_1988/Grid/Mclaren...
Then open the ''HDV'' file with Note Pad and scroll down the page until you see the section called..... ''[FRONTLEFT]''
edit and save these 2 lines as follows..

BumpTravel=-0.025

SpringRange=(68000.0, 2000.0, 106)

do this with all 4 wheels = [FRONTLEFT] ' [FRONTRIGHT] ' [REARLEFT] & [REARRIGHT]
thats it ...your done ..!
Now the car will drive a lot smother (not bumpy)...
do this with all or as meny teams as you wish ..
this is only a solution (& not a fix) that meny people are using to sort the problems with the over bumpy suspension......enjoy :)
----i'm not sure about the online capability if you edit this file....????
try it and find out?---- :)"

Last edited:
Thanks @jgf
I was asking as our Team AMT is preparing a full F1 story from the sixties until 20?? ( I don't exactly know as I'm much more busy with LeMans cars ) and it seems, according to what I quickly saw, that some cars are also missing for this year 1988 ( 22 in place of 31 ).

Lol, tracking F1 teams/cars prior to around 1990 can be frustrating. Teams might field one, two, or three cars at any particular race, small teams would run out of funds and disappear, cars would qualify but not race, a driver might qualify one team's car but race for a different team, a driver might race for several different teams during a season, sponsors could change midseason (is that a different car or just a different sponsor?), and online data is often contradictory (I once found two reports for the same race listing the same driver in two different cars).

Lol, tracking F1 teams/cars prior to around 1990 can be frustrating. Teams might field one, two, or three cars at any particular race, small teams would run out of funds and disappear, cars would qualify but not race, a driver might qualify one team's car but race for a different team, a driver might race for several different teams during a season, sponsors could change midseason (is that a different car or just a different sponsor?), and online data is often contradictory (I once found two reports for the same race listing the same driver in two different cars).
Moreover when there are many car/driver changes the gtr2 championship engine is unable to sort the grid (it will not respect the car changes you have programmed), I experienced this with f1 94 mod with up to 8 or 9 changes per car (there are only 2 changes during 2003/2004 fia gt season) : the only way to make the real f1 94 season is to do single races with a line per track in gdb menu because championship mode is broken in this case.

Pleas
"F1 1988 Missing teams Update 1.4 by RacerM" ?

Can upload here if it's not around anymore. 18meg file

BTW, this is from an old nogrip thread about the '88 F1 mod, may be useful:

"Smother suspension for formula 1 - 1988
------------------------------------------

Go to your GTR 2 folder .... Game Data/Teams/Formula1_1988/Grid/Mclaren...
Then open the ''HDV'' file with Note Pad and scroll down the page until you see the section called..... ''[FRONTLEFT]''
edit and save these 2 lines as follows..

BumpTravel=-0.025

SpringRange=(68000.0, 2000.0, 106)

do this with all 4 wheels = [FRONTLEFT] ' [FRONTRIGHT] ' [REARLEFT] & [REARRIGHT]
thats it ...your done ..!
Now the car will drive a lot smother (not bumpy)...
do this with all or as meny teams as you wish ..
this is only a solution (& not a fix) that meny people are using to sort the problems with the over bumpy suspension......enjoy :)
----i'm not sure about the online capability if you edit this file....????
try it and find out?---- :)"
please! im searching the same mod for so long time. hehehe

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 37.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 64 56.6%