• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Misc Longford 67 AI 2017-07-12

New track limits, AI + hints for Longford 67

1. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    Fabian Biehne submitted a new resource:

Longford 67 AI - New track limits, AI + hints for Longford 67

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim

Ratings:
    +107
    Thank you very much for this :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim

Ratings:
    +107
    I've run about ten laps just now with the Cobra. You've fixed what had seemed unfixable. Thank you. I've noticed one consistent problem though. It's not that bad but it's worth mentioning.

On the first 90-degree right-hander corner some of the cars are hitting the tyres on the inside of the corner and they are then being bounced around, causing little accidents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    I think there’s still room for improvement. The chicane under the bridge can be improved as well as the corner you mentioned. And there is often a pileup on the last 90° corner. I think I have to make new side lines.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    Can someone confirm that older cars with weaker brakes – for example the Ford GT40 or the Cobra – overshoot some corners when trying to brake for them? I’m currenty adjusting the AI for Longford and made a small race with the Ford and there’s no chance they get the 90° corners after long straights.

Is that solvable and I’m doing something wrong, is that a car problem or perhaps even a track problem?

6. Matyeah

Matyeah

Ratings:
    +66
    Likely a car problem, too high brake_hint value for this track (I tested Ford GT40). Default is 0.97, and only when I lowered it to 0.92 (in AI app with AI control on) car stayed on track in Tannery corner. You can fix this with brakehint in ai_hints file.

7. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    I already made brakehints for several corners, some older cars with less brakepower still don’t brake enough.