1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long time reader, first time writer.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brandon Wright, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

Hi gang. I'm Brandon and I've just jumped into PC racing sims. I've been racing with FFB wheels for over a decade but only on Playstation. I spent a solid three years organizing/hosting events in GT5 and the last year has been spent trying to make something worthwhile out of GT6 (a near impossible task).

I've been racing GT with Logitech and Fanatec wheels (currently using GT3 RS V2 with CSR Elite pedals) and three 32" screens (and three PS3's of course). This week my PC arrived, CyberPower with a 4690 i5, GTX970, 16gb ram, and so far everything seems to be running well. Over the weekend I dabbled with iRacing, AC and R3E and all of them run great at-or-near full settings. Knowing that R3E only has alpha MP right now I probably won't put too much time into it, but man it looks and sounds great! For now most of my time will be with the other two and I also plan to grab GSCE as it seems like the place to be for RD club racing.

I'm anxious to experience online multiplayer racing with these sims but I plan to spend a bit more time getting familiar with them and unlearning bad Gran Turismo habits before I put myself around experienced drivers.

Cheers