Lonely Mountains Downhill

The game has been around for a while, and bought this last week on sale. I love it. Would have been worth full price for me, honestly.

The controls are tight, slick, and satisfying. It just feels great. And the bikes move in a believable, if not 100% realistic way.

Very replayable, you can try different routes, different bikes. You can unlock night riding, and if you are an actual mtn biker like me, you know that can make a familiar trail feel brand new. You can do a nice relaxing cruise down the trail or go all out to try and beat times and earn unlockables.

It's very pretty to look at. The sound design is very nice, but simple. Peaceful nature sounds. Wind, streams, rivers, and really nice bird calls. The video on their site has thrashing Nu Metal playing, but thankfully the game is very tranquil.

The worst I can say is, while the camera movement is usually pretty nice, it is controlled by the game and sometimes you are hidden behind clutter for a second or two. And I do wish you could stop and scope out some of the larger jumps by moving the camera. To hit some of the larger secondary gaps and drops is often a leap of faith and doesn't usually work out so well.

Anyway, if you like bikes, or the style and feel of Art of Rally, check it out!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 34 11.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 105 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 176 57.9%