Lol?

whether it is tomorrow or in ten years, they WILL HAVE TO DROP SUBSCRIPTION.Non
Guessing

- subscription games are becoming so advanced e.g. A. C that the IRACING will lose its selling point.
Guessing

the subscription will gradually decrease and disappear.
Guessing

the alternative is that all simulators turn subscription based but this will not happen for at least 5 years with AC and rfactor 2.
Guessing

unless its subscription is drastically reduced or removed, i think iracing will lose many customers.either way
Thinking, also known as guessing.

In life people often have to make judgements based on an element of uncertainty.
this is very true. Also known as guessing.

Guessing? Nono how can anyone possibly think that..

the other option would be a crystal ball or a time-machine, now i doubt you have either so what we are left with is guessing when talking about what will happen in the future.

i'm still missing understanding the benefit of iracing over what is expected in AC (for example) other than driver points and leagues/regular competition (where generally you don't actually know the drivers competing against you lol)
I feel the community is really good in iRacing. I normally concentrate on one series per season. ATM I am running the Gran-am series. Having a lot of fun and have got to know most of the guys I race against as we normally end up in the same split. :thumbsup:

i think you have hit on the main selling point and william did too. it seems about ease of access to regular competition. i like the idea of the points system altho it occasionaly makes you (the driver) a victim. i currently have a free 3 month trial. i like the regular racing it offers. at the same time,

Those are the main selling points of iRacing - "no hassle" access to simracing, a points system rewarding good, clean driving (though bad behaviour abounds there too), leagues, championships with other fellow racers and the possibility of watching and even racing against some real world professional drivers.

On the other hand, physics have too often ups and downs, given the fact they're working on improving it. What might work one week may not work the next week for this or that car, and that is a factor for some - especially considering the work being done in rFactor, GSC, the upcoming rF2, AC and RRE.

Server problems, being down for a whole day or parts of a day in consecutive days (there is a thread about this at NoGrip going on for weeks) and the way they handle are not selling points, quite the contrary

But if one overlooks the physics and service problems, it is a great service offering a consistent way of accessing online simracing (if they keep the format as it is).

The selling point of iRacing since the beginning was having a great sim plus a system for clean competition that didn't require leagues.

Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 may arguably be better sims, but neither is trying to compete with the multiplayer side of iRacing which requires the ongoing subscription fees to pay for servers and stewardship of the championships.

That's not to say iRacing will never get rid of the subscription fees. They've already reduced them, and frequently offer hefty discounts. But considering the small niche that is sim racing, they'd want to be sure they are making more than enough money in other ways to keep the servers running.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%