Lol?

couple of questions:
Where do these statistics come from?
What is their relevance?
from iRacing.

Well the relevance is iRacing is getting more members and gets more popular and see no decline in anything.
It grows slowly but it still grows.

"unless its subscription is drastically reduced or removed, i think iracing will lose many customers.either way,"

Graphs show the exact opposite.

from iRacing.

Well the relevance is iRacing is getting more members and gets more popular and see no decline in anything.
It grows slowly but it still grows.

"unless its subscription is drastically reduced or removed, i think iracing will lose many customers.either way,"

Graphs show the exact opposite.
i thought you were trying to show that.
However, as you know, graphs for business never just go up and up and up. they come down at some point and the graphs don't take into account AC (which obviously hasn't come out yet) or rfactor 2 (which still needs work done) or raceroom (which isn't out yet). also, i never trust data provided by the selling company.
i see your point but things change and often quite drastically.
we won't know when but one thing is certain...i will be right at some point in the future :):thumbsup:

For me it's not about the price. Graphics is quite good and I don't have to go too high with brightness as in nKP or GSC2012 just to see where I'm going. But I don't like the way cockpit moves, don't like sounds, physics and can't say that FFB is the best I've experienced. All sims have different FFB so hard to judge. Different wheel, different experience.

Will they attract more people if they are on Steam? I don't think so.
i'm still missing understanding the benefit of iracing over what is expected in AC (for example) other than driver points and leagues/regular competition (where generally you don't actually know the drivers competing against you lol) i'm not saying you think the price is not affordable but i'm asking why people would pay ANY subscription if the alternatives are on a similar level and don't charge a subscription?

On your side there´s guessing (at best)
On the other side is cold hard facts that iRacing gets more popular and gets more members.

I´d be happy to show you new graphs when AC, Rfactor 2 and Raceroom is out.

Funny how you base everything on that people just drive one sim too.

iRacing is by far the best for what it is: A "pick up and play" simulation. No hassle, straightforward online racing, with good drivers when you go upwards the ranks.

AC, rFactor, Simbin, etc... all need proper leagues to get any enjoyment from online racing, it's more complicated to get setup, etc... I don't mind it at all, but some people can't be bothered, hence iRacing's popularity.

On your side there´s guessing (at best)
On the other side is cold hard facts that iRacing gets more popular and gets more members.

I´d be happy to show you new graphs when AC, Rfactor 2 and Raceroom is out.

Funny how you base everything on that people just drive one sim too.
i don't think there's any need to get "shirty". my "judgement" is based on history business and the world rather than 2 Iracing graphs. In life people often have to make judgements based on an element of uncertainty. if they don't, they often fall by the wayside. i'm not guessing, i'm being rational and using experience. i'm happy to accept that you have a different opinion but please don't get irate if i don't share your opinion. ;lets agree to disagree.i often agree with you but not on this point.

i'm still missing understanding the benefit of iracing over what is expected in AC (for example) other than driver points and leagues/regular competition (where generally you don't actually know the drivers competing against you lol) i'm not saying you think the price is not affordable but i'm asking why people would pay ANY subscription if the alternatives are on a similar level and don't charge a subscription?

The flexibility of the schedule and the simulation that is the best in overall terms. Also the iRating and SafetyRating system I love.

I'm never able to race in RD leagues regularly, therefore I can't sign up. Before I had iRacing, I was without racing for two years... since I have it I think I did like 300 races in one and a half years.

If you know you can be at home ready to race for 5 saturdays in a row, a regular well organised league is more enjoyable, because you always race the same field and compete in the points with the same people you meet in track, no doubt, but if you have to miss 3 of every 5 races, then this is not an option.

Anyway like we will do with the STC, you can use iRacing also for doing great "normal" leagues.

The flexibility of the schedule and the simulation that is the best in overall terms. Also the iRating and SafetyRating system I love.

I'm never able to race in RD leagues regularly, therefore I can't sign up. Before I had iRacing, I was without racing for two years... since I have it I think I did like 300 races in one and a half years.
i think you have hit on the main selling point and william did too. it seems about ease of access to regular competition. i like the idea of the points system altho it occasionaly makes you (the driver) a victim. i currently have a free 3 month trial. i like the regular racing it offers. at the same time, i don't know the people i race against (lack of community) and in the future, i would expect other companies will adapt and develop the online community/ leagues (e.g. fifa have done it and call of duty black ops 2 has started) something which is currently lacking...good for racedepartment though.

Yea i´m employed by iracing... banned from the forums, quit iRacing 2 days ago to focus 100% on the upcoming title AC and generally like to hate on iRacing.

Will be interesting to see if your guesses are correct.
if that is true, about being banned from forums, i can see why. for the record, i'm nearly 33 so guessing that I'm guessing isn't going to make me cry. sorry to disappoint you.

p.s. please send me proof/evidence/data to prove that I am guessing or aren't you being a little hypocritical?:p:roflmao:

if that is true, about being banned from forums, i can see why. for the record, i'm nearly 33 so guessing that I'm guessing isn't going to make me cry. sorry to disappoint you.

p.s. please send me proof/evidence/data to prove that I am guessing or aren't you being a little hypocritical?:p:roflmao:
No you give us proof of your claims.
"My opinion" does not count as proof. Or "I´m rational, i´m using experience" does not work either.

As far as banning, i got banned because i can´t shut up when trolls start talking jibberish.
A bit like what you are doing now.

I actually got banned once for defending the opinion that Europeans should have their own server farm.
2 weeks later we got a European farm..

The fact that you deny that you are merely guessing without providing proof of it being the opposite merely proves my point.

I´m also positive you have some more "You must be employed by iRacing" claims too.
....also with no proof but instead another guess. Which obviously was wrong.

No you give us proof of your claims.
"My opinion" does not count as proof. Or "I´m rational, i´m using experience" does not work either.

As far as banning, i got banned because i can´t shut up when trolls start talking jibberish.
A bit like what you are doing now.

I actually got banned once for defending the opinion that Europeans should have their own server farm.
2 weeks later we got a European farm..

The fact that you deny that you are merely guessing without providing proof of it being the opposite merely proves my point.

I´m also positive you have some more "You must be employed by iRacing" claims too.
....also with no proof but instead another guess. Which obviously was wrong.

so are you saying that your 2 graphs about iracing act as "proof"? you're kidding me right?
The Sun is out today where i'm living. It was out the day before and the day before. Will it be Sunny tomorrow? Give me proof Hampy?Here's a fact - YOU CAN'T. "My opinion" does not count as proof...erm.."My judgement" counts for more to me than Hampus' 2 graphs lol

I didn't ask why you got banned. I'm not interested. I said I can understand why - for the record, I was correct.

I have no interest in the European server farms although I'm sure it wasn't because of one person wanting it. I like chocolate but companies don't make chocolate just for me.

"The fact that you deny that you are merely guessing without providing proof of it being the opposite merely proves my point" . Again, you are wrong. It is a fact that I deny I'm guessing but...just because I don't provide proof I'm not guessing does not mean I am as you can't provide proof that I am guessing. The reason is, it is beyond proof.

Perhaps you could do with practising your rational judgements more? ;)

"I´m also positive you have some more "You must be employed by iRacing" claims too." Sorry to disappoint you but again you're wrong although I find it interesting that if someone disagrees with you, you refer to them as trolls (previously) or belittle their opinions as jibberish. looks really good on the Racedepartment forums. think this is a place where peoples opinions should be listened to and agree/respectfully disagree with but not everyone is mature enough sadly.

So you just confirmed what i have been saying all along. You are guessing.
I rest my case.

I just love your logic as well.

you - Santa exists
me - show proof
you - no you show me proof i´m just guessing he exists
me - WUT?

THank you for resting. go and take a long one.
For me, guessing is deciding an outcome without serious consideration of evidence whereas a good judgement is based on evaluation of evidence. based on that, your 2 graphs aren't enough evidence. your opinion carry's no more proof than mine.

thank you for liking my logic but your analogy is incorrect.
it's more like me saying:
me: car A has been winning the race but cars B and C are closing the gap rapidly - they will overtake.
You: no car A will win because it started rapidly (when B and C weren't there). Here is "proof" ( a graph it started well and kept going well)
Me: but looking at the cars B and C, they are clearly closing the gap.
You: you're wrong that's not proof but I'm psychic
Me: you're no more psychic than I am

You: I got told off for arguing once but...when I did argue, I told Michael Jackson to sing Heal the World. He wouldn't listen at first but when I left his playroom, he had a hit with the song.
:coffee:

agreed. the original thread was about something. people gave opinions and hampus and i gave differing ones. sadly, he's started changing the nature of the thread and going on about santa claus etc just because someone won't agree with him. like I said previously hampus, lets agree to disagree. im not trying to change your opinion, i'm just giving my opinion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%