Lol?

No chance they drop subscription because they are continuously developing and they need income to keep it running, just like it happens in the MMORPGs
whether it is tomorrow or in ten years, they WILL HAVE TO DROP SUBSCRIPTION.Non - subscription games are becoming so advanced e.g. A. C that the IRACING will lose its selling point. the subscription will gradually decrease and disappear. the alternative is that all simulators turn subscription based but this will not happen for at least 5 years with AC and rfactor 2. the only way they will not remove subscription is if they can offer something amazing - some form of enticement.

its like video shops. they had the market and then had to adapt to sell dvds. then things went online and loads of them are out of business. you either adapt or die. c'est la vie.

whether it is tomorrow or in ten years, they WILL HAVE TO DROP SUBSCRIPTION.Non - subscription games are becoming so advanced e.g. A. C that the IRACING will lose its selling point. the subscription will gradually decrease and disappear. the alternative is that all simulators turn subscription based but this will not happen for at least 5 years with AC and rfactor 2. the only way they will not remove subscription is if they can offer something amazing - some form of enticement.

its like video shops. they had the market and then had to adapt to sell dvds. then things went online and loads of them are out of business. you either adapt or die. c'est la vie.

Iracing is not like when it was released in 2009, and that's why they will keep subscription, because with that income they maintain the structure up and have money to develop and keep in pace with the different titles that are beign released.

Without a subscription iRacing would collapse, they are not just a simulator, it's a whole organised racing system, which introduces new features every 3 months. iRacing 1.0 was introduced to compete with rFactor 1, Race 07, then iRacing 2.0 came out and now is evolving to compete with AC and rFactor 2 features, and eventually at the end of the commercial life of this two, iRacing 3.0 would be out and will be probably better untill the next generation of rFactor and AC comes out.

Something similar happens with operating systems (money aside)... while Linux is continuously developing, releasing version after version in short periods (iRacing), Microsoft releases a new operating system every X time (ISI, Kunos, etc.), they are just two different developement models.

Your comparision with video shops actually should be the other way around, are the games without subscription and free multiplayer the ones that are going to dissapear, in fact rFactor 2 has some kind of subscription already, SIMBIN changed to "iRacing like" model... the two future models of gaming in general are the free-to-play (where you can play without money, but at the end to be competitive or really enjoy the full experience you have to spend quite a lot) and the subscription based (where you pay per month and also often per content, but not as much as in free-to-play).

Iracing is not like when it was released in 2009, and that's why they will keep subscription, because with that income they maintain the structure up and have money to develop and keep in pace with the different titles that are beign released.

Without a subscription iRacing would collapse, they are not just a simulator, it's a whole organised racing system, which introduces new features every 3 months. iRacing 1.0 was introduced to compete with rFactor 1, Race 07, then iRacing 2.0 came out and now is evolving to compete with AC and rFactor 2 features, and eventually at the end of the commercial life of this two, iRacing 3.0 would be out and will be probably better untill the next generation of rFactor and AC comes out.

Something similar happens with operating systems (money aside)... while Linux is continuously developing, releasing version after version in short periods (iRacing), Microsoft releases a new operating system every X time (ISI, Kunos, etc.), they are just two different developement models.

Your comparision with video shops actually should be the other way around, are the games without subscription and free multiplayer the ones that are going to dissapear, in fact rFactor 2 has some kind of subscription already, SIMBIN changed to "iRacing like" model... the two future models of gaming in general are the free-to-play (where you can play without money, but at the end to be competitive or really enjoy the full experience you have to spend quite a lot) and the subscription based (where you pay per month and also often per content, but not as much as in free-to-play).

well I think we will have to shake hands and respectfully disagree. SIMBIN are trying DLC, which AC will and many modern games are e.g. call of duty, battlefield.
However, that is not the same as an annual subscription. these games are becoming easier to work with (mods etc) the graphics and physics have improved. iracing is beneficial because...it offers leagues run for you? it offers promotions and points? I don't think i'm the only one who will give the annual subscription a miss and go elsewhere. again, unless its subscription is drastically reduced or removed, i think iracing will lose many customers.either way, whether i am correct or you are...we won't see any drastic changes for a while i think

oimg

weeklyActive2.png

I first thought this whole iRacing on Steam was a joke at first too. But I can see why they would try it, and like they said, it worked for subscription based EVE online as well. So it is nothing new.
What I don't understand is why an accomplished service/game as iRacing has to go through Steam Greenlight... like they are some sort of Indy developer... I think they should just straight contact Steam staff about this... same goes for AC as well btw...

I don't think the problem with iRacing is the subscription, but rather the amount of money you spend on tracks and cars. Let's put aside the "driving model" and people constantly grumbling about it. I would gladly pay monthly fee, if only I liked it.

"Massively Multiplayer Online Racing" - Over 40000 Members Worldwide as their site says. Really? After all those years?

There is definitely something wrong because there surely is much more simracers on this planet. If I was an owner or sharehoder, someone would be already fired.

I don't think the problem with iRacing is the subscription, but rather the amount of money you spend on tracks and cars. Let's put aside the "driving model" and people constantly grumbling about it. I would gladly pay monthly fee, if only I liked it.

"Massively Multiplayer Online Racing" - Over 40000 Members Worldwide as their site says. Really? After all those years?

There is definitely something wrong because there surely is much more simracers on this planet. If I was an owner or sharehoder, someone would be already fired.
the question for me and others who haven't "purchased" iracing is:

if i can get rfactor 2 in a one off payment or ac/SIMBIN with dlc in 2013, why would I want to pay a subscription for iracing?

are the graphics noticeably better than the opposition still?
are the physics?
what is the hook?

the thing about most line graphs in the business world...they can go up and up and up and up...However, like Newton found - things that go up generally come down. the question for me is "when?" not "if"

For me it's not about the price. Graphics is quite good and I don't have to go too high with brightness as in nKP or GSC2012 just to see where I'm going. But I don't like the way cockpit moves, don't like sounds, physics and can't say that FFB is the best I've experienced. All sims have different FFB so hard to judge. Different wheel, different experience.

Will they attract more people if they are on Steam? I don't think so.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%