1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Wheel ( G25 ) self Calibrating off / not Centre

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Dave Flower, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Thought I would make a thread for this in the hope that someone having the same problem and tearing their hair out finds the way I solved this useful/works for them.

The problem - My G25 stopped centering it suddenly was 10 - 15 degrees out -and whatever I did - unplug, reboots changing Logitech Profiles - nothing would work.

Solution (for me at least) - using windows 'Programs and Features' I UNINSTALLED the Logitech Gaming Software (v 5.10 in my case). No reboot needed - I then went to 'Game Controllers' where my G25 is listed (highlight G25 if you have multiple controllers) Click Properties - Then the Settings tab - then Calibrate - This then takes you through windows own calibration for the wheel - which allows you to set the wheel at the centre. Apply.

I then tested the wheel in the same game that had caused me problems to make sure it really was centered (Although I'm now sure I could have missed this step out). I then closed the game again and re-installed the Logitech Gaming Software (all my profiles were still there after reinstalling) - and it all worked properly.

Hope this post stops someone going nuts and tearing their hair out like I almost did over this issue !

• Like Like x 5
  2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep, I started getting the same problem with my G25 after I installed the latest version of the Logitech software. Maybe it's designed for the G27 and doesn't work as well for the older G25.
    I'm planning on going back to an older version of the software.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I just tried this for my G25 and it worked! my wheel was only off by less than five degrees but still enough too irritate me :roflmao:

Thanks for posting this Dave :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Good job Dave, thanks for posting:thumbsup:

5. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Another easy solution I have found is to disconnect the USB plug of the G25 to the PC, and re-connect it again. Most times it re-centres again.

6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I think Dave tried that last night but didn't help. But IIRC if you plug it into the same USB port you were using, it will keep the old calibration settings. But if you switch USB port it should reset the calibration settings.

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Nope, for me it usually works simply by re-plugging it back into the same USB slot. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

OK good to know. Maybe that was just for G27?