1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Profiler

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Chris Partridge, Mar 10, 2013.

1. This is a bit of a public service message to anyone who experiences issue with opening the Logitech Profiler -- mine suddenly would not launch despite reinstalls etc...but I found this solution on the net which works great:

If you are running Windows 7 64 bit, I recommend you do the following.

go to the following directory in your computer (you will have to enable hidden files view).

C:\Users\REPLACE WITH YOUR USERNAmE\AppData\Local\Logitech\Gaming Software

In the folder above I found several xml files. I moved them to a temporary folder (I recomend you do the same). Then I had no problem starting the program again. I then imported backups of my profiles (shame on you if you don't make backups) and it seems to be working fine now.

I am not sure if this will solve things for a long time or not, but it appears to have fixed the issue for now. I am assuming that one of the xml files became corrupt through a windows glitch of some sort.
  2. PS: I didn't make backups, naughty me.
  3. I have a new PC, and I have an error message when I try to launch the Logitech Profiler for the G27.
    I see some dll files, but nothing as you said, I have really no idea.

I have Windows 7 64 bit as well

Have you an idea?
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Sorry if this is a silly question, you do have the latest drivers from their website.
    Click me
    and when installed run as Admin

This is how i set my profiler up Click me (comes with pictures)
  5. Hi Rupe,

Thanks for your prompt answer.
    After manny trys, it works.
    I desinstalled the programm, installed it again from Logitech.com
    This time, I had a step, asking me if the programm is a virus or not (picture with a shield), I clicked "allow the programm" and then it opened up successfully.

I'm happy now :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Is there a way in the profiler to map a button for push for talk when using teamspeak?