Logitech G29 | Official Support Thread

Hi guys,

I took the liberty to create this thread to support guys like me that own a Logitech G29 Driving Force.

Tips and settings, issues and all kind of things that deserves a topic to help us just in one topic.

Feel free to ask and answer.

G29 works perfectly on PS4...Then I tried it on PC...I went to calibrate settings then I noticed the wheel itself and the pedals wasn't working. The buttons are fine but nothing else.

I tried it into rFactor 2 then BOOM...It was working just after one click to detect the wheel.

Any clues about what's happening or what I'm doing wrong?

Upvote 0
G29 works perfectly on PS4...Then I tried it on PC...I went to calibrate settings then I noticed the wheel itself and the pedals wasn't working. The buttons are fine but nothing else.

I tried it into rFactor 2 then BOOM...It was working just after one click to detect the wheel.

Any clues about what's happening or what I'm doing wrong?
Install the 'logitech gaming software' it's the supported software for the G29 on the PC.

I did that, and it solved the issues with the pedals not being responsive etc

I'm having my own issues [with g29], although quite small and more of a nuance, but I can't dial in global changes with this crap 'logitech gaming software' like I could with my g25 and g27 on the logitech controller profiler and give a really direct, crisp feeling, with the g29 [as it is for me now] I have a really stiff wheel when I'm encountering oversteer, the ffb is engaged and working, it does respond to oversteer, just not in the crisp and direct way that I am used to.

I'd like to know if there is a way to be able to control the global device settings, as there was with the OLD logitech profiler, as I can't seem to find a way to do it with the G29

Upvote 0
Install the 'logitech gaming software' it's the supported software for the G29 on the PC.

I did that, and it solved the issues with the pedals not being responsive etc

I'm having my own issues [with g29], although quite small and more of a nuance, but I can't dial in global changes with this crap 'logitech gaming software' like I could with my g25 and g27 on the logitech controller profiler and give a really direct, crisp feeling, with the g29 [as it is for me now] I have a really stiff wheel when I'm encountering oversteer, the ffb is engaged and working, it does respond to oversteer, just not in the crisp and direct way that I am used to.

I'd like to know if there is a way to be able to control the global device settings, as there was with the OLD logitech profiler, as I can't seem to find a way to do it with the G29

Apparently the use of Logitech Gaming Software is mandatory. My Windows doesn't even detect the device as a controller or something and I guess this is the reason we can't adjust the global settings as with the old wheels.

I still looking for something...There's no reason to not work in Project CARS and work perfectly on rFactor 2...Even more when you see that the G29 almost have been released in a bundle with Project CARS (lol).

About your issues...The symptoms appears in every game?

Upvote 0
About your issues...The symptoms appears in every game?
I'm about to try further, I got the wheel today so I've only done a few laps on RF2 in the indycar [admittidly a car I haven't driven much].

Next on the list will be dirt rally and then game stock car, I'll report back here and let you know if my issues are the same. As I said, for rf2 it's not gamekilling or dealbreaking, but it's just not how I want it. It's a bit sluggish, almost, in responding to oversteer and light-steering feel.

Upvote 0
I tried with dirt rally, it felt VERY good, wheel only went light when it was ABSOLUTELY oversteer, perfectly implemented.

GSC on the other hand, still the same issue as with rFactor2, just a bit sluggish on the oversteer ffb response.

Trying to get used to the brake pedal on this is weird though, very difficult.

Upvote 0
Hi Fammenjc,

After that I presume that it's something with the FFB settings. I mean...rFactor and GSCE used to have a stronger FFB feel...Even with my dead Thrustmaster F430 it was quite strong on the rFactor and its based games, like GSCE while in Project CARS it was too soft...Almost useless...

Then I started to use those Jack Spade FFB Tweaker files, then it get lot better.

I read something about "negative FFB". You can try it easily into GSCE...There's a config item that you can set from -100 to 100.

Take a look at this:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1484-Logitech-G27-pulls-to-the-sides
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-wheel-settings-setup-guide.32780/

PS.: I still with the problem in Project CARS. I not sure about when it happens, but apparently the G29 works randomly...

Upvote 0
Project cars is a nightmare, so many settings to fiddle with, it's quite retarded how many sliders they give you, almost like they can't be arsed to do it themselves, so I'd be cautious to judge ANY wheel on its performance in project cars.

I don't have reversed FFB, that's not my issue. But thank you for trying to help.

Upvote 0
So I've found a pretty good deal on the G29. I currently have a G27 but would like the G29 so I can use it for both my PC and my PS4.

Question I have is - are the G27 shifter and pedals compatible with the G29? I know this works on PC, but I want to know if it works for both PC and PS4. I'd like to not have to buy a new shifter if at all possible and the pedals I have are modded. Which would be my last question:

- Do the G29 pedals use the same exact spring setup as the G27 pedals? In other words, would the brake spring upgrade(the GT Eye in this case) from my G27 fit in the G29?

Very specific questions I know, but I cant find answers to these anywhere.

Upvote 0
So I've found a pretty good deal on the G29. I currently have a G27 but would like the G29 so I can use it for both my PC and my PS4.

Question I have is - are the G27 shifter and pedals compatible with the G29? I know this works on PC, but I want to know if it works for both PC and PS4. I'd like to not have to buy a new shifter if at all possible and the pedals I have are modded. Which would be my last question:

- Do the G29 pedals use the same exact spring setup as the G27 pedals? In other words, would the brake spring upgrade(the GT Eye in this case) from my G27 fit in the G29?

All the connectors are the same in both G27 and G29. Lots of videos says the G27 shifter works fine in the G29 (but the shifter only, not the buttons). I guess it's the same with pedals. I never used the G27 pedals set, so I can't say a thing about the springs, but it's just a "cosmetic" thing. There's no reason to be incompatible just beacuse the springs.

Plus, if you want a G29 just because the wheel, I'm not sure if it's worth. They are basic the same. Maybe G29 has some minor advantages but the price...

I bought it just because here in Brazil it still the most cheap option compatible with PC and PS4. It's the most cheap, but not cheap as it has to be....but hey, it's Brazil....There's no cheap things here.

BTW, do some searches into Youtube. There's a lot good video reviews that mention the compatibility with older versions of accessories.

In my personal opinion, if you have a G27 and do not own a PS4 for racing games, DO NOT BUY a G29...

Upvote 0
All the connectors are the same in both G27 and G29. Lots of videos says the G27 shifter works fine in the G29 (but the shifter only, not the buttons). I guess it's the same with pedals. I never used the G27 pedals set, so I can't say a thing about the springs, but it's just a "cosmetic" thing. There's no reason to be incompatible just beacuse the springs.

Plus, if you want a G29 just because the wheel, I'm not sure if it's worth. They are basic the same. Maybe G29 has some minor advantages but the price...

I bought it just because here in Brazil it still the most cheap option compatible with PC and PS4. It's the most cheap, but not cheap as it has to be....but hey, it's Brazil....There's no cheap things here.

BTW, do some searches into Youtube. There's a lot good video reviews that mention the compatibility with older versions of accessories.

In my personal opinion, if you have a G27 and do not own a PS4 for racing games, DO NOT BUY a G29...
I'd really like more than a 'it should work' sort of response, no offense. That just isn't quite good enough for me before jumping in. I've seen people demonstrate the G27 pedals and shifter working with the G29 wheel on PC, but none on PS4, which is the system that lacks G27 support(making me question whether these inputs will be received and interpreted properly).

And I'm aware of the value proposition. I *do* own a PS4 though and my G27 does not work with it. I also wouldn't mind having the button layout of the G29 wheel as the ones on the G27 are limited and also difficult to 'feel out' in the moment, all being similar and grouped together. Lastly, like I said, I found a good deal on the G29. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it, but if I can sell my G27, the G29 wouldn't really be an expensive upgrade at all.

Upvote 0

My G25 shifter didn't work at all with the G29. It is different to the G27 shifter though, but I'd take that as a sign that it won't work with it. Especially, given that you have to purchase the shifter separately with the G29 AND G920.

G29 pedals are the same EXCEPT for the brake, it has 50-60% of pedal travel which feels normal compared with the older pedals but then the last 40% of travel is stiffened out massively with what feels like a block of rubber on the back of the spring. Many people have described the brake pedal on the G29 as being like 'xyz brake mod'. So it might be exactly the kind of brake pedal you want out of your pedals.

I got my G29 for 180£ from Currys, it wasn't my first choice of wheel, and I only needed a new set of pedals, but it didn't make sense for me to buy ANOTHER g25 or g27 used, so I just went and bought the thing.

To expand on other things, the FFB in the G29 is applied almost identically to the G27, though it feels more robust, actually, the logitech software is limited though, so at this time, you can't adjust global device settings [other than the rotation].

Upvote 0
My G25 shifter didn't work at all with the G29. It is different to the G27 shifter though, but I'd take that as a sign that it won't work with it. Especially, given that you have to purchase the shifter separately with the G29 AND G920.

G29 pedals are the same EXCEPT for the brake, it has 50-60% of pedal travel which feels normal compared with the older pedals but then the last 40% of travel is stiffened out massively with what feels like a block of rubber on the back of the spring. Many people have described the brake pedal on the G29 as being like 'xyz brake mod'. So it might be exactly the kind of brake pedal you want out of your pedals.

I got my G29 for 180£ from Currys, it wasn't my first choice of wheel, and I only needed a new set of pedals, but it didn't make sense for me to buy ANOTHER g25 or g27 used, so I just went and bought the thing.

To expand on other things, the FFB in the G29 is applied almost identically to the G27, though it feels more robust, actually, the logitech software is limited though, so at this time, you can't adjust global device settings [other than the rotation].
I appreciate your personal experience, but the G27 shifter actually does work with the G29. On PC. I dont know about PS4. Which is what I'm trying to find out. Same with the pedals.

And I realize the pedals are mostly the same in terms of feel, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the sensors and the software to communicate the inputs properly. THIS is what causes problems with incompatibility. The PS4 doesn't support the G27, we know this, but would it support a G29 with G27 wheels and shifter? That's something I'd really like to know. It's possible the inputs of the pedals and shifter running through the wheel mean ALL inputs are transmitted the same through the wheel which has the final USB output, but I cant be sure of that.

I'm really looking for somebody, or somebody know somebody, who has tested these things specifically to know they work, undoubtedly. I dont want to throw out £180 based on guesses.

I know it's super specific, which is why I'm not necessarily expecting it, but I thought this was probably the best place to ask as I haven't found an answer anywhere else.

Upvote 0
My problem with Logitech G29 is that when driving (Project Cars,Dirt Rally) sometimes when steering right the game will stop and go back to the menu and I have to press "resume" to continue.Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Having this wheel for some time now, all in all a great wheel. Main problem still being the lack of a working profiler.

LGS still doesn't allow you to modify global settings, so just gotta tweak config files and whatnot to make it a better experience. Most annoying things still are the need to re-set the wheel rotation limits after starting some games and having to go and manually change it every time you pick a different car rotation degrees in-game(s)

Bottom line: Logitech apparently CBA with profilers and good software for wheels ATM.

Upvote 0
I completed the forum and had a few others do it too. Hopefully it's a reason for them to give us the options. I have heard that the options are there in the framework of the software, but just not customizable.

Totally agree with you in your previous post though. The LGS in some way, is more clunky than the old gaming profiler. In some ways it's better, but without having the options its entirely frustrating as it's unsure if there is damping on by default, and that removes alot of the feeling you get from certain games.

Upvote 0
Just found out about this LGS beta version too

G29 users!

We have a BETA version of LGS 8.83 with the following fixes:
  • Added ability to set wheel rotation via game profile
  • Added ability to set combined pedals via game profile
  • Added ability to set centering spring via game profile
  • Added general force feedback fixes

You can find all the information here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/Logitech-Gaming-Software-LGS-8-83-Beta-is-available?produc...

And also

G920 Users!

We have a BETA version of LGS 8.83 with the following fixes:

• Contains firmware update for G920 to fix rFactor 2 forces issue
  • Added ability to set wheel rotation via game profile
  • Added ability to set combined pedals via game profile
  • Added ability to set centering spring via game profile
  • To support combined pedals, the G920 pedals axis mapping has been changed. This will require users to remap their pedals in the game
  • Added general force feedback fixes
You can find all the information here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/Logitech-Gaming-Software-LGS-8-83-Beta-is-available?produc...

Hopefully we're on the brink of getting a decent/good soft for our wheels now.

Source: https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G29-BETA-feedback-for-LGS-8-83/td-p/1506245

Upvote 0
So - I have a Logi G29 wheel and pedal set, usin on PC.. and so far pretty happy with it. However - I play IRacing with it, and recently have a problem whereby the brake pedal keeps gradually going out of calibration... I say gradually, but it is actually 1-2 days and the brake when I play the sim is really unresponsive (virtually pressing the pedal through the floor before it will lock up).. so I keep having to recalibrate it.. and it also seems like the calibration is getting a bit higher up the pedal each time. Just wondering if anybody had any ideas/and-or has experienced this problem themselves. This set is not very old at all (owned it approx 4weeks - although used a lot already in that time ;-) Thanx guys!!

Upvote 0
TL;DR - try it in another sim, see if you get the same issue but consider returning soon [you've had it 4 weeks already] if you can in case it's a hardware fault.

Is it just iRacing you have this issue with? (Have you tried any other sims?)

I've got the G29 and haven't had any issues with it on iRacing, R3E, AMS, rF2, pCars. (I'm using the latest drivers [LGS 8.82.151]).

I'd certainly be tempted to try it on another sim. If you don't have any others, try R3E - you can download it for free (Steam store), no need to buy anything if you don't want to but it gives you another "testing" sim/area). If you do try R3E, you need to make sure that you use the latest LGS drivers though (and by latest, I mean the 8.82 ones, not the Beta drivers - no point using a Beta when you're troubleshooting - you can always try the beta drivers after trying another sim first).

(Also, have you checked the cables? Is it a new unit/bought second-hand? Given that you've had it about 4 weeks, you may want to consider returning it for a replacement soon just in case it *is* a hardware fault - you don't want to be lumbered with a faulty unit and be unable to return it).

Sorry if this all sounds far too obvious/you've already tried this.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years