Logitech G29 Force Feedback settings

Hi all, I got my G29 a few days ago, and honestly, I'm still struggling to come to grips with it.I still find difficult to choose the best degrees of rotation for formula cars, I'm currently using 260 degrees with 17 steering lock and I'm not too happy about it, tried 450 degrees and need to turn a lot to have any meaningful cornering...

How many degrees of rotation / Lock do you guys recommend for this wheel? Remember I mostly race Formula 1 cars, and sometimes Stock car V8 serires

Now onto the FF, where to start.... The overall experience haven't gotten any better with my new wheel and I'm sure I'm not setting my in-game settings right... since I do not have the panel I used to have with the momo force, neither the one that comes with the g27.

Help with the FF would be greatly apreciated.

g29_01.PNG
g29_02.PNG
g29_03.PNG

Thanks in advance!

Well there, Thanks a lot! Feeling much better now

Only thing left to sort out is the FF strenght. In some cases it would make weird noises as if the motor is forcing the gears to skip a step. Might be too strong in some aspect, time to play with the micro settings

Well there, Thanks a lot! Feeling much better now

Only thing left to sort out is the FF strenght. In some cases it would make weird noises as if the motor is forcing the gears to skip a step. Might be too strong in some aspect, time to play with the micro settings

Try this settings:
p6ZWaLK.jpg

Just copy them, only change 270° to 900° and you should be ok.
In game options put ffb as: wheel, medium, -70 (to avoid clipping).

Last edited:
Still no Native calibration tool (Logitech Gaming software doesn't include one) so I'm left with no way to play with damping, overall strength (wheel-wise) etc. Does any of you know if there's any """"rogue"""" profiler / wingman / something I can find somewhere?

After all this time of playing with in-game settings and getting used to how it behaves, I got a pretty decent drive with it, but I reckon it's far from perfect, and further from what I used to be able to do on my previous wheel (an old Logitech Momo Racing Wheel - Black version)

Thanks ion advance!

Tidbit to add but this is totally experimental... your milage may vary!

Logitech-G29-Solution-for-missing-driver-settings-in-Logitech-Gaming-Software

From that page:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Gaming Software\DriverSettings

DamperStrength, SpringStrength and OverallStrength, the three missing settings in the Logitech Gaming Software are there and are all set to 100% (10000=100%).

Just edit the entries and set them to 0. You may also edit the FFB overall strength a little bit up but remember to lower FFB strength ingame to compensate (the value 10500 means 105%).

Further down that page, there is a comment that make a lot of sense:
"These are supposed to be configured and controlled by the games now which is why they aren't offered in the drivers any longer. Those are legacy settings for the old games that didn't have FFB settings."

Since I rather have those set to zero, I will be testing it in the coming days...
After reading some more, I have settled to try this with the 3 setting at 10 and not zero.
From the FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" page:
"Turns out enabling spring/damper in the profiler seems to then allow rf2 to apply it's own spring/damper affects onto the final ffb output."
G25/G27 user might also want to leave a few percent in their Profiler.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back