Logitech g27 wheel with g29 shifter??

Hi, I have a logitech g27 wheel and pedal setup with the newer shifter from the g29 series. I already know that reverse gear won't work but that is not the issue I am having. I bought the wheel with this shifter about 2 years ago and initially it didn't work, after some playing around (basically unplugging, plugging back in, restarting etc) I managed to get it to work, although it has been somewhat intermittently. I am currently having the same issue I used to have. What happens is that when the shifter is plugged into the wheel, when I turn on my PC, the wheel just does not power on. What happens next is really bizarre. When I unplug the shifter with my PC still running, the wheel just powers on straight away, but then when I try and plug the shifter back in, the wheel starts having an absolute fit and just goes from side to side non stop.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any solutions? I am currently looking at buying one of those USB adapters for the shifter but as I live in NZ it will take a long time to get here from overseas.

Thanks

No experience with the G29 shifter at all, I'm afraid. I've barely even used my G27 shifter (on my G27).

However, in case nobody with direct experience does pipe up, here are a few thoughts:
When I've mucked around with the pedal pots on my G27 in the past and accidentally shorted them out, the wheel didn't like it - seems like it brings down the power for the wheel's electronics. It caused symptoms somewhat similar to what you describe. Might be worth checking for a short if you have a multimeter? This Github project seems likely to be useful, though the G29 shifter's pinout quite likely isn't identical.
The USB adapters are well worth a try I reckon (I use a Bodnar unit for my pedals, and am very happy with it), if you establish that the shifter isn't actually knackered. I have no idea if the software support for the shifter adapters is decent, but I've had no issues with my pedals being recognised so far in any sim.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 425 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 266 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.4%
Back