F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

k getting closer

profiler
315 degrees (1:1!!!)
100 overall effects
75 spring
75 damper
100 centering spring (not a fan of auto center but its helping)

In-game
0 for everything

FFB

Feels great but still not quite it, will stick to this for now and try and learn the new handling. If anyone finds a better set-up please post it here!

Edit
BTW I run no assists (expert mode) for my setup and haven't even started trying out car setups yet.

This is definitely a noob question so please forgive me :)

I'm having an issue where the car simply won't turn enough (not understeer, just not sharp enough angle) to get around some slow speed corners. The last corner on Australia is particularly bothersome and I imagine the hairpin coming down the hill at monaco will be the same. What setting do I need to adjust on G27 profile/in game to get more steering lock?

k getting closer

profiler
315 degrees (1:1!!!)

What makes you think that's 1:1?

If I use 900, the in-game wheel matches. If I use 540, the in-game wheels matches. If I use 360, the in-game wheel matches.

I think the key is setting linearity to 50 and make sure "allow game to adjust settings" is checked in profiler.

Right now I'm using 900 degrees, 75 saturation, and 50 linearity.

Feels good to me and the in-game wheel matches the 900 degree rotation.

PC with G27

Can't get any decent sort of feedback (aka iracing) with different setups, but I guess thats just the way its gona be with codemasters. My other and more glaring concern is lag on the gear changes, can live with it going up the gears but coming down is a pain, anyone else suffer from lag whilst changing gears?

Can't get any decent sort of feedback (aka iracing) with different setups, but I guess thats just the way its gona be with codemasters. My other and more glaring concern is lag on the gear changes, can live with it going up the gears but coming down is a pain, anyone else suffer from lag whilst changing gears?

Are you using Rapture sound? If so, try changing it to Software. I seem to remember that causing a controller lag issue in 2010.

I had the same prob in 2010, had to use 'Hardware' option in the sound settings. Now I have only 'software' or 'rapture' for options and I get lag with both. Changed the override option as well which got rid of wheel lag.

I'm playing F1 2011 on a PS3.

If I configure the wheel using the Logitech Profiler on a PC, do those settings on my G27 carry over onto the PS3?

Or, does the new G27 controller setting in F1 2011 override any Profiler setting?

I'm playing F1 2011 on a PS3.

If I configure the wheel using the Logitech Profiler on a PC, do those settings on my G27 carry over onto the PS3?

Or, does the new G27 controller setting in F1 2011 override any Profiler setting?

It doesnt work like that mate unfortunately. The profiler runs in the background on the PC, it doesnt 'program' the wheel, nor does the wheel itself 'remember' profiles. So the answer is no.

The only thing ive carried over from 2010 is the ffb settings 0% environment, 40% on the next tab, 30% on wheel weight...don't turn the saturation values way up on the advanced settings...makes the car dart all over the place!

What makes you think that's 1:1?

If I use 900, the in-game wheel matches. If I use 540, the in-game wheels matches. If I use 360, the in-game wheel matches.

I think the key is setting linearity to 50 and make sure "allow game to adjust settings" is checked in profiler.

Right now I'm using 900 degrees, 75 saturation, and 50 linearity.

Feels good to me and the in-game wheel matches the 900 degree rotation.

PC with G27

Thanks Mike, these settings worked well for me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back