1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Logitech G27 Settings (GRID 2)

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Bram, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,284
    My settings for GRID 2 for the Logitech G27 steeringwheel.

settings.png

2. micko59

micko59

Ratings:
    +1
    where is that ,mate ,sorry to be a noob but is it in windows ?I normally use x box pc pad and just trying a steering wheel for first time ,bought a cheap thrustmaster ferrari challenge and cant use it on shift 2 but would like to for grid2 .

3. Martijn Stout

Martijn Stout

Ratings:
    +0
    He Bram,

thanks for the setup. I've been trying to get a working setup without any luck on my G25. These work fine for me, feels steady/heavy enough for me with plenty of control.

Could you elaborate a bit further on a few settings?
    - why do you untick "allow game to adjust settings?" while changing ingame settings as well?
    - the choice of 540 degrees of rotation, is this a trade-off between sensitivity and amount of frantic steering needed?
    - is there any reasoning behind all the strength settings on ffb, or is this just what works?
    - is there any reasoning behind linearity of 0? Realism?

thanks again

4. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,284
    I use 540 in all my games with equals the rotation of a proper GT car in real life. With more rotation you are able to catch slides better or the occasional tankslapper.

However in GRID 2 I have no clue if it matters much though, but I am not changing my rotation because of the other racing sims I play (fire and forget :D).

For the same reason I have allow game to adjust settings disabled as I don't want GRID2 or any other game to make changes other than those that I make myself.

For fun try linearity on 10 in GRID 2 and you'll understand why I've put it on 0. You'll choke laughing :)

5. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,284
    The grey part you can set in windows indeed.

Start -> Devices and Printers -> Right Click on G27 Steeringwheel -> Game Controller Settings -> Settings -> Modify at will :)

(why make it easy if you can do it in 25 steps right :D)

6. micko59

micko59

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks mate but its no use the game doesnt even see my wheel :( loaded the current drivers for it and no go ,ah well back to the pad or get a wheel thats a bit more current.

7. RKip455

RKip455

Ratings:
    +7
    I have a lot of dead zone... lag any fix!

8. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,284
    Game detects my wheel automatically. Are you sure you've got it connected?

9. micko59

micko59

Ratings:
    +1
    yes mate the lights on on the wheel ,but its an old thrustmaster ferrari wheel so its maybe not recognised by game .

10. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,284
    Could you make a separate thread for this issue then as this one is about settings for the Logitech G27 :)

11. Haaken25

Haaken25

Ratings:
    +0

i just got a g27 steering wheel and was going to use it for grid 2, but the game doesn't seem to find it. I can't change the steering settings in the game. The only way i can drive is with wasd or the arrows. What should i do to make the steering wheel work? It works fine in games such as Euro Truck Simulator 2.

12. Haaken25

Haaken25

Ratings:
    +0
    never mind, figured it out