1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Logitech G27 Settings (GRID 2)

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Bram, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

My settings for GRID 2 for the Logitech G27 steeringwheel.

settings.png

2. where is that ,mate ,sorry to be a noob but is it in windows ?I normally use x box pc pad and just trying a steering wheel for first time ,bought a cheap thrustmaster ferrari challenge and cant use it on shift 2 but would like to for grid2 .

3. He Bram,

thanks for the setup. I've been trying to get a working setup without any luck on my G25. These work fine for me, feels steady/heavy enough for me with plenty of control.

Could you elaborate a bit further on a few settings?
    - why do you untick "allow game to adjust settings?" while changing ingame settings as well?
    - the choice of 540 degrees of rotation, is this a trade-off between sensitivity and amount of frantic steering needed?
    - is there any reasoning behind all the strength settings on ffb, or is this just what works?
    - is there any reasoning behind linearity of 0? Realism?

thanks again

4. Bram

Bram

I use 540 in all my games with equals the rotation of a proper GT car in real life. With more rotation you are able to catch slides better or the occasional tankslapper.

However in GRID 2 I have no clue if it matters much though, but I am not changing my rotation because of the other racing sims I play (fire and forget :D).

For the same reason I have allow game to adjust settings disabled as I don't want GRID2 or any other game to make changes other than those that I make myself.

For fun try linearity on 10 in GRID 2 and you'll understand why I've put it on 0. You'll choke laughing :)

5. Bram

Bram

The grey part you can set in windows indeed.

Start -> Devices and Printers -> Right Click on G27 Steeringwheel -> Game Controller Settings -> Settings -> Modify at will :)

(why make it easy if you can do it in 25 steps right :D)

6. Thanks mate but its no use the game doesnt even see my wheel :( loaded the current drivers for it and no go ,ah well back to the pad or get a wheel thats a bit more current.

7. I have a lot of dead zone... lag any fix!

8. Bram

Bram

Game detects my wheel automatically. Are you sure you've got it connected?

9. yes mate the lights on on the wheel ,but its an old thrustmaster ferrari wheel so its maybe not recognised by game .

10. Bram

Bram

Could you make a separate thread for this issue then as this one is about settings for the Logitech G27 :)

11. i just got a g27 steering wheel and was going to use it for grid 2, but the game doesn't seem to find it. I can't change the steering settings in the game. The only way i can drive is with wasd or the arrows. What should i do to make the steering wheel work? It works fine in games such as Euro Truck Simulator 2.

12. never mind, figured it out