• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Logitech G27 Price Question

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by BoogerMac, Aug 21, 2015.

1. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    I've been playing racing games with a controller for years now and I've finally decided to purchase a wheel. I'm set to move in about a year or two, so I don't want to build a sim station until that time; however, I can use the wheel now with a temp stand (or maybe buy one of those wheel stands).

I can order a new G27 from Newegg for $282 (w/ shipping / 2-days). Is this an okay deal for this wheel setup? I know its cheaper in places (as low as $230), but that doesn't include shipping...and because I'm in Hawaii, I'm not included in the "Free Shipping" advertisements. So its 2-day shipping or nothing for this guy.

Should I just pull the trigger and order it?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    So, I finally bought a wheel! The price on Amazon was $250 and they offered me free shipping through Prime (never before). So I jumped on that deal. Now I'm excited!

Does anyone know the length of the power adapter's cable? Curious how I'm gonna set this thing up since I don't have a "sim station" yet. Will have one after moving next year.

3. Apatride

Apatride
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    I have a similar stand saved on my Amazon wishlist. Until I save a little more money, I'm just going to build a sturdy TV looking stand for it.

5. Apatride

Apatride
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    Power supply cable is about 2.5 to 3 metres in total.
    Be careful with the stand, some of them move a lot, this one does not. Only downside is that the central pole can lead to sore knees when driving 2 pedals if the stand is not properly aligned. Well aligned or with clutch, everything is fine.

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    Thanks for sharing the length and your thoughts on the Wheel Stand Pro. Nice to hear a review from a person that I know sim races (and not a random website review).