1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G27 Price Question

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by BoogerMac, Aug 21, 2015.

1. BoogerMac

Premium Member

I've been playing racing games with a controller for years now and I've finally decided to purchase a wheel. I'm set to move in about a year or two, so I don't want to build a sim station until that time; however, I can use the wheel now with a temp stand (or maybe buy one of those wheel stands).

I can order a new G27 from Newegg for $282 (w/ shipping / 2-days). Is this an okay deal for this wheel setup? I know its cheaper in places (as low as $230), but that doesn't include shipping...and because I'm in Hawaii, I'm not included in the "Free Shipping" advertisements. So its 2-day shipping or nothing for this guy.

Should I just pull the trigger and order it?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
  2. BoogerMac

Premium Member

So, I finally bought a wheel! The price on Amazon was $250 and they offered me free shipping through Prime (never before). So I jumped on that deal. Now I'm excited!

Does anyone know the length of the power adapter's cable? Curious how I'm gonna set this thing up since I don't have a "sim station" yet. Will have one after moving next year.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BoogerMac

Premium Member

I have a similar stand saved on my Amazon wishlist. Until I save a little more money, I'm just going to build a sturdy TV looking stand for it.
  4. Power supply cable is about 2.5 to 3 metres in total.
    Be careful with the stand, some of them move a lot, this one does not. Only downside is that the central pole can lead to sore knees when driving 2 pedals if the stand is not properly aligned. Well aligned or with clutch, everything is fine.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. BoogerMac

Premium Member

Thanks for sharing the length and your thoughts on the Wheel Stand Pro. Nice to hear a review from a person that I know sim races (and not a random website review).