logitech g27 or fanatec gt3rs v2

hello guys help needed i own a g27 for last few yrs and thinking about going over to fanatec gt3rs v2 but my question is,which is the better wheel.i have seen lots ov posts saying the fanatec is the better but fought i would come to the well trusted racedepartment community for your input.i am pc and ps3 racer

Now I have found my preferred combo, it is the G27 wheel matched to a set of Fanatec CSP Pedals. I've never had an faults with the G25 over 7 years, nor with the G27 so far. They seem more reliable to me.

In the end though, it comes down to personal preferences, and in my case the responsiveness, FFB feel, and reliability was the most important.

I am on an ancient G25 still running strong even after fixing the gears myself with CSP v1(v2 very tempting but rather spend the dosh on a new CPU+MB).

Upvote 0
yeh i know but by time they shipped it over to uk you talking like 15-20 quid anyhows i made 1 that works well and its only till tomoz when me new pedals get delivered so all is good.happy days

Upvote 0
I currently using DFGT and thinking add a clutch & H shifter for it, i wonder how much it cost if i get a G27 pedal set & H shifter, or better just get a whole G27 ??
Thanks for the concern.

Upvote 0
Yeah as Jari says belt driven wheels can have the cake and eat it too, but it requires more power and control than if you use gears. This is why the T500 use a much larger FFB motor than most other wheels, and the CSW use TWO motors. The GT3 wheel has one fairly normal sized motor, which means it's smooth but a bit slow and damped as Jari said. Don't think it's bad though, I really love my GT3 and will buy a CSW once I can afford it (and a rig to mount it on, its a serious piece of equipment that you don't just tack on to a regular PC desktop imo).

Upvote 0
I currently using DFGT and thinking add a clutch & H shifter for it, i wonder how much it cost if i get a G27 pedal set & H shifter, or better just get a whole G27 ??
Thanks for the concern.
If I where you I'd buy either the CSR-Elite pedals or CSW pedals (don't get the regular CSR pedals, you want loadcell brake at least), then either wait for the Fanatec shifter to be available or if you can't wait buy the excellent TH8-RS from Thrustmaster. All of these can be used standalone with your DFGT, and when money allows it you can finally upgrade your wheel too.
That is if you feel like spending this much on simracing, if you wanna save money then getting a G27 is probably the best way you can go about it.

Upvote 0
What i planning is simple, either sell my DFGT set and get G27 or a pedal set + H shifter for my DFGT if that cost less but looks like its not. Its $237 for G27 in Amazon & i believe a pedal set & H shifter cost more than that.
Thanks for all your time & info about my problem. I think i now know what i prefer to do.

Upvote 0
Am sorry may i ask whats the benefit for a wheel being beltdriven ?? Thanks for the concern.

there are none for simracing.
No benefit in either lap time or realism. g25/g27 are more similar to a servo drive wheel than a belt drive wheel.
or believe all the marketing and waste your cash.

Pedals however is a different story - i strongly advise getting fanatec clubsport, the load cell braking really does make a huge difference, you can modulate the brake so much easier using pressure.

havent tried any after market gearshifts so cannot comment on that.

fact. end of.

if you want to make your wheel 'serious', do what i did, buy a JZ quick release system, a button plate from simracinghardware, SLI pro, 3 monitors, a real Momo steering wheel, and set your FOV to 30....still ends up being cheaper than a fanatec CSW with 2 rims:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there are none for simracing.
No benefit in either lap time or realism. g25/g27 are more similar to a servo drive wheel than a belt drive wheel.
or believe all the marketing and waste your cash.

Pedals however is a different story - i strongly advise getting fanatec clubsport, the load cell braking really does make a huge difference.

havent tried any after market gearshifts so cannot comment on that.

fact. end of.

if you want to make your wheel 'serious', do what i did, buy a JZ quick release system, a button plate from simracinghardware, SLI pro, 3 monitors, a real Momo steering wheel, and set your FOV to 30....still ends up being cheaper than a fanatec CSW with 2 rims:

Oh setup like that too serious for me. I like racing game but not a regular racer, might consider that one day if i get very active in sim racing, right now a half decent wheel plus good pedal set & clutch & H shifter is more than enough.

By the way whats mean by load cell braking ?? Thanks first.

Upvote 0
Load cell will act like a real cars brake pedal so maximum braking force is achieved by pushing the brake with more strength/power/weight.

Read this->http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=support/faq/details&id=49

Thanks for the article. In fact i driving myself but cant really tell the different between DFGT brake pedal (non load cell) with my car brake (load cell). I usually only hope that the brake have more room / distance between 0-100% so can be control easier.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back