Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Gerade,

1. Disconnected all Logitech gaming devices.
2. Uninstalled all Logitech software (Gaming Software and SetPoint).
3. Removed folders C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Logitech, C:\Program Files\Logitech, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech
4. Removed file C:\Windows\system32\WmJoyFrc.dll
5. Removed files WmBEnum.sys, WmFilter.sys, WmHidLo.sys, WmVirHid.sys, WmXlCore.sys from C:\Windows\system32\drivers (I removed Logitech mouse drivers too).
6. Removed oem*.inf and oem*.PNF from C:\Windows\inf that refers to Logitech drivers.
7. Executed regedt32.exe and deleted all keys, that refers to Logitech devices or software except drivers under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\*ControlSet*\Enum keys. Warning! You may found the word "logitech" in the key, that refers not only to Logitech software. In my case I found only one such key.
8. Removed all Logitech drivers as described at http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm
9. Rebooted the computer.
10. Installed Logitech Gaming Software 5.08 (connected all gaming devices at prompt during installation).
11. Rebooted the computer.
12. Installed Logitech SetPoint.
I hope this contributes to you solving your issue as I understand it.

Maurie

So done following accuratly what you said...

All is again functionning but no more luck with this Centering Spring FFB effect wich is always done only by the Global device settings stuff not by the Specific game settings... All the others FFB, rotation Wheel degree are well altered/modified by the Specific game settings but no the Centering Spring FFB.

Sorry I abort my tests cause this don't prevent me to use my G25. I must only for Centering Spring FFB set it into Global device settings and all is good ingame.
Thank you very much for your help dear Maurie.

Best regards
GERARD

Upvote 0
So done following accuratly what you said...

Why do you want to use Centreing spring ?
The reason I ask is in rFactor and Game Stock Car as the physics within the newer mods works well.

Can we do a remote Teamviewer session and see if we can locate why your Profiler is having issues and the Racing Simulations and their internal settings.

Upvote 0
Why do you want to use Centreing spring ?
The reason I ask is in rFactor and Game Stock Car as the physics within the newer mods works well.

Can we do a remote Teamviewer session and see if we can locate why your Profiler is having issues and the Racing Simulations and their internal settings.

We could do so...But in fact I disable always for sim racing like RRRE and Race 07 the Centering Spring FFB = useless.

But in the games "Euro truck Simulator 2" and "OMSI 2" I need it.

Finaly my issue is unimportant.

I think the Profiler introduce some more problem than solving them.

Now I use no more Profiler soft just the Windows controler setup and all is fine. The disadvantage is I must set up for each game the FFB and degrees Wheel rotation before playing.

Logitech Profiler soft is a old soft. Now as Logitech produce/provide alot of new G serie hardware so I think they must doing a sort of global integrated/multisupport soft for all the G-serie products.

Reading the Profiler soft help guide, I saw it is a Wingmann FFB mouse refered... That is a old one and the profiler soft is no more adapted for the newer products but it is still functionning.

I have also a G19 keyboard and G500s mouse. For those I must install their respective Logitech Gaming Software (Lgs 8.53.154 the last one for the G19 keyboard and G500s mouse) and for my G25 Wheel, another Logitech Gaming Software (Lgs 510_x64 v5.10.127 from 2010 year).
On the keyboard G19 as I create for his programable keys, profils for the same games I play also with the G25 and also profils for the same games on the G25 profiler soft, these two devices call the same executable game file (i.e. eurotrucks2.exe) and perhaps my issue come from that situation.
The two Logitech gaming soft call the same application to set their respective profils.
That is why I think it is time for Logitech dev's to provide a good unifyed Gaming Software for all G serie devices to avoid conflicts between different soft versions.

I come back later to tell you about the xml profil file structure for the G25 Euro truck sim 2 profile xml file because I have edited it and it seems there is a strange structure line inside about the FFB effects .
I'm going to take screenshots about it and post them in this discussion thread.

To soon
Best regards
GERARD

Upvote 0
I have a very weird issue with a g27. My g27 loses its degree of rotation in windows and in the Logitech profiler if it is not used for a little wile. It will rotate 200 degrees even when it is set to 900. As soon as I go into windows profiler and just open the window it starts the 900 degree rotation like it should again. It is more annoying than anything as the wheel works as it should once that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
All ready tried that. It even does it in the windows game utility.

Did you try to plug it in another USB port ?

Some cable with USB sockets seems to lost data sometime. See on this side...

I already read that USB3 port deliver less power than USB2 port. I don't know if it is realy but that could be help full to see if pluged into a USB2 it run as expected (if you have this possibility).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am using a usb2 port. I have swapped it between different ports and it still does it. I am kinda at a loss for it actually. I have swapped ports, uninstalled drivers and Logitech software. The only thing I have not tried is to try it on my back up computer that has a dfgt attached to it to see if it does it on that comp also.

Upvote 0
@Maurie...
Hi dear Maurie,
Here are pictures of the Profiler soft as set up for ETS2.

First global device settings:

Global%20device%20settings%20ETS2.jpg

Then the specific ETS2 profil setting:

Specific%20Profil%20ETS2.jpg

Here are the pictures about ETS2 xml file edited with Notepad xml soft.
The first picture show the tree view and the part of forced options for special options in the xml file:

Profil%20with%20notepad%20xslt%20editor%20tree%20view.jpg

This second picture show the ETS2 xml file into the notepad xslt part tab as it must be read by Profiler soft. Nothing strange in the line about the FFB effects
All the orders of FFB attenuations are in a good order arrangement:

Profil%20with%20notepad%20xslt%20editor.jpg

And the last picture open with Internet Explorer browser...
As you can see in comparison with the previous picture, in the line about special option FFB effects the order of the instructions have a strange arrangement.
It is like the instructions are mixed in a miss arrangement. (Sorry my english is so bad).

Profil%20open%20with%20IE11.jpg

It is like the instructions orders are inverted or in a wrong order.

I don't know if the Profiler soft read the Internet Explorer browser structure or the Notepad xml structure.
If yes, I think the problem come from that.
But I doubt about that.
Kind regards
GERARD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am using a usb2 port. I have swapped it between different ports and it still does it. I am kinda at a loss for it actually. I have swapped ports, uninstalled drivers and Logitech software. The only thing I have not tried is to try it on my back up computer that has a dfgt attached to it to see if it does it on that comp also.

Perhaps you have a problem with optical encoder disk.
A link about to disassemble your G27 to verify if the disk encoder have some dust on it or broken part.
Be carefull as disassembling the G27 break the warranty !

http://mikeschmeee.com/wordpress/?tag=how-to-fix-logitech-g25-calibration

Upvote 0
Ok jrw27288,

Very disapointing thing in fact.

I seems like a Windows recognition problem than an proper issue on the G27.
Did you try using Logitech Profiler soft ? If it is persistent also with Logitech Profiler so I will be dry to give you others advice... Perhaps someone who got the same as you have and had have the solution to fix it.

Very frustrating thing when we know the price of such Wheel.

I wish you the best to find a solution.

Best regards
GERARD

PS: reading again your first post Yes you have already used the Logitech profiler = sorry
Do you know ? I think also about a bad solder on electronical piece... When the inside board Wheel is warm the electrical contact is established and when is cold the contact is lost (dilatation of metal when warm). That could be another possibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It could be, but I think it wouldn't work at all. it still works, just at 200 degree rotation until I reset it. like I said very weird problem. I have had it since it was first released with many hours of hard use on it. gpl, rbr, and nascar2003 will do that to a wheel. I just might have to buy another one or learn to reset it every time I go into a sim.

Upvote 0
It could be, but I think it wouldn't work at all.

Yes and no = if the bad solder point is just about on board near the disk encoder , the problem solder point could be just there not on other main board and the whole system Wheel can not be touched.

I just might have to buy another one or learn to reset it every time I go into a sim.

That is another solution but cost a lot althought you can even with a new Wheel getting some another problem like others owners have like sound noise when turning the Wheel on the right only and also some another weird stuff.
If you have enough money to buy another Wheel try to get another brand one if you can do.
I wish the best for you. good luck in your approaches...
Warm regards
GERARD

Upvote 0
Thank you Gerard, it has been a pleasure working with you on this issue. I can get another brand, just really like the way the g27 feels. I have a dfgt as a backup wheel. for being a cheap wheel, it is pretty decent. I might take a look at a fantac, but I have heard bad things about them as well.

Upvote 0
Thank you Gerard, it has been a pleasure working with you on this issue. I can get another brand, just really like the way the g27 feels. I have a dfgt as a backup wheel. for being a cheap wheel, it is pretty decent. I might take a look at a fantac, but I have heard bad things about them as well.

Yes nothing is perfect ! Good luck to your furture purchase and I hope to read you soon about your feeling with a new Wheel.
Kind regards
GERARD

Upvote 0
Having a weird issue with my G27

While on a race I noticed spiking...losing throttle for a second or two and then back to full

So I cleaned the pedals and applied contact cleaner. I did not separately remove each pedal and take out the potentiometer but just sprayed the pots trying to get into the insides.

Now I find that throttle does not engage at all, and is not recognised by the profiler but when I fully engage the brake there is a 50% throttle response (as seen in logitech profiler). Clutch works fine .

Any suggestions on what's to be done now? I only hope this does not mean the throttle has gone boom!

Upvote 0
Clutch pot had used up so I found and bought a new one. But the issue I'm having is, every time I move the steering wheel left or right even the slightest bit it pops the clutch fully activated or deactivated. Needless to say its unusable in that condition.

Any recommendation on what to do to separate these 2 axis and make the clutch work again?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years