GT5 Logitech G27 & GT5

Anyone out there using a G27 for GT5? I know that Spec 2.0 added support for the G25 and G27, but I would just like to confirm whether the clutch and h-shifter are fully working now. Looking to replace my current DFGT with something a little more fancy.

I did a Google search but all the results are pre-Spec 2.0 complaints about the lack of support for those wheels.

Anyone out there using a G27 for GT5? I know that Spec 2.0 added support for the G25 and G27, but I would just like to confirm whether the clutch and h-shifter are fully working now. Looking to replace my current DFGT with something a little more fancy.

I did a Google search but all the results are pre-Spec 2.0 complaints about the lack of support for those wheels.

The clutch and the shifter were working since the release. What changed in spec 2 is that now you can map all the buttons.

It arrived today. It definitely all works fine in GT5, so no problems there. I don't particularly like the way the game handles bad shifting though, just throwing you into neutral with no warning. There should at least be the sound of gears grinding to let you know you messed it up. Right now the first you know of it is when you press the throttle and immediately hit the limiter... too late by then.

Steep learning curve for me now too. I haven't driven with a clutch and h-box in over ten years...

I agree. The best clutch feeling I got was in GTR Evolution. There you can work the clutch like you do in a real car. Comparing to that, GT5 is a disapointment.

Having said that, the clutch has improved a lot since release. This behavior also varies from car to car. In some of them, it is very hard to make a mistake.
One thing that helped me a lot was taking it easy with the shifting. You will make less mistakes and, as a bonus, the car will be much more balanced.

Thanks for the tips, Vitor. I've only tried a couple of cars so far and probably am trying to shift far too aggressively. I'll try slowing it down a bit and see how I get on.

I actually have a number of SimBin games and am getting on far better in them so far, though I still have a lot to learn. Trouble is at the moment is that I have to *think* about shifting, and that's no good. Going to have to pile the laps in until I can do it with no thought at all.

I must admit that I'm thinking of binning the clutch and H-box for GT5. The way the game handles it is just too poor, and using it gives none of the satisfaction you get from using it in other sims (on PC). It's a shame really since GT5 uniquely has so many cars that use an H-box in real life, and I like authenticity. Unfortunately my only other option is the paddles since the G27 has no option for sequential shifting. Paddles are my least favourite method of changing gear.

On the bright side though, the extra precision of the G27 and the fantastic pedals are a major advantage. Perhaps it's my imagination, but I think the G27s steering is more sensitive than the DFGTs. Not sure that's a good thing though, as I don't like over-sensitive steering. I did consider going back to my DFGT for GT5... but I just can't use those horrible pedals anymore!

Do you have your power pack plugged in and is the green power LED on the shifter glowing? Does the wheel self calibrate when you plug it in?
Yes the power is on and the usb is plugged into my ps3 and yes the wheel self calibrate when starting GT5.

when i map my button to the e-brake is says handbrake on the button i mapped it to. But when driving it don't work.
Okey, managed to work it out. It appears that the 2 top buttons on the wheel dont work, atleast for me. They work on any other game but not on gt5.

I mapped e-brake to the right middle button and now it works =)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 95 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 14.0%