Logitech G25 / G27 settings for RACE 07

Hey guys,

I have managed to buy Race ON and STCC 2 along with my GTR Evo copy. :) Problem I have now is setting everything up. I have a G25 and I know it needs to be tweaked on the profiler and in game. Anyone, preferably the fast drivers :D have any settings that could share? Both Logitech profiler and in game.

I am looking to race on GT cars from Evo and all the Touring cars available(Race ON, Race 07, STCC 2, etc..). I need settings for these classes. Any help would be much appreciated. Im looking forward to start my PC sim racing career. :D

Hi there are my G27 settings but they will work for the G25 just fine. Remember that in the game setup screen to set your steerlock to 23 degrees.

smd06f.jpg

Think you are going to fast here already :D

To be honest, a feeling of the wheel is very personal if you ask me, you will have to adapt it to your likings. One advise tho, do not use to much power on the wheel, you will loose a lot of feedback what the car is doing.

Car settings are the same as above, its very personal..I can drive with a setup that feels good to me and my drivingstyle but that same setup can be useless for you :)

First of all get some track time, get used to the cars and the feeling. Then do some tweaking on the wheel settings so you will actually feel differences.

I do not use the profiler, i will give you my ingame settings, for me they are fine but i did give it a quit some time to have it generally ok for me :)

FFE = high
FFS=75
Revers=on
force=78
vibration=35
engine=34
brake=35
curbs=30

Wheel properties
Rotation= 540
effect force= 100%
spring = 0%
damper = 0%
force of spring = enabled at 0%

I have just finished testing the new settings. Spent around 2 hours. I used Bram's and Remco's settings.

Well, I was experiencing lots of deadzone. I think that's what is called, when I was turning the wheel and the car wasnt responding to my input accurately. Also, the wheel was feeling very light to my liking. I increased the force to 110 and I had more response and more weight. There is still a bit of deadzone but it is much better. The brakes are locking up quite often. I press them a bit and they barely respond, I press them slightly more and they lock up. Weird...

Wasn't expecting this to be as complicated. It really requires a lot of work to get everything set up the right way. However, I like the extra work, much more fun. Thanks for all the help, hopefully I will be ready to race with you all soon. Not now, not quite ready for now. :D

Well, I was experiencing lots of deadzone. I think that's what is called, when I was turning the wheel and the car wasnt responding to my input accurately.
Note that the G27 is dual motor and gear driven. It will always feel a little loose around the centre. Try not to increase the FFB strength too much when trying to compensate though, otherwise you will lose the more subtle affects. You may also end up introducing oscillation. Oscillation is when the wheel moves side to side by itself when you're driving in a straight line. Needless to say that doesn't help with car control. ;)

If your throttle/brakes are too sensitive, check the sensitivities in-game. A setting of 50% should give you linear inputs. It's also worth remembering that cold tyres grip less than ones that are up to temperature, so put in a few laps before deciding whether your wheels are locking up too easily or not.

FY1, I did a 1min 27.7 at Zandoort in the F3000, and a 1min 45.6 at Brno{Dracer says he did a 144.9}......and yet, I haven't had much time to use my G27 on GTR EVO as I've been busy, so I suspect I could find more time.....yet that's with 270 and some variation between 18-24 steer lock.

I remember using 540 with my old DFGT, changed to 270 and went about 2seconds a lap quicker instantly.......540 feels wayyyyyyyyyyy to lose and understeery to me, so I think it's a viable option.
All settings are viable. As others have mentioned, wheel settings are personal preference. Some like uber sensitive, some like 900 degrees, and some like something in between. There is no 'best' setup that works for everyone. It's a case of finding out what works for each individual, and they can only do that themselves.

Actually not really... Maybe he had some deadzone in-game or something ?

I am experiencing some deadzone in the game, yes. I was testing that while on a straight. I would turn the wheel slightly to both right and left and the car would just remain still. It only starts turning at a certain point. It's not a big deadzone, but I feel it is there. Wasn't having this issue on PS3.

It seems I have to find out by myself the best possible settings. It's gonna take a while...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%