F1 2013 Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Settings

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
topbanner_zpsbeb80e9b.png

Please find a range of different setups to try out on your Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

*Coming Soon*

Made any adjustments? Re-post your settings and tell us what you did :)

needhelp_zps89e3a7c9.png

If you need any help please feel free to ask away!
If you see a post which is offensive or bullying, please hit the 'Report' button at the bottom of any post.

Cheers,

The
F1 Team
Click Here To Contact Us

These are my settings so far, still feel i can maybe improve them, but you can feel what the car is doing oversteer and understeer.

Logitech Profiler specific game settings-

Ticked use special device settings

Overall effects 100%
Spring effect 0%
Damper 100%
Unticked centering spring
Centering spring 0%
Ticked use special wheel settings
Rotation 260 degrees
Ticked use special game settings
Ticked allow game to adjust

In game settings are as follows-
Force feedback options
Feedback ON
Environmental effects 30%
Feedback strength 20%
Wheel weight 0%

Advanced wheel setting all 0% except
Steering Deadzone 5%
Linearity 10%

Input device - wheel.

A few revisions for smoother and for me faster driving experience.

Overall effects 50%
Spring effect 0%
Damper 50%
Centering spring 0%
Rotation 200 degrees

Force feedback options
Feedback ON
Environmental effects 50%
Feedback strength 50%
Wheel weight 0%

Steering Deadzone 5%
Linearity 25%

Input device - wheel.

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the same FFB and feel as 2012 using one of RD's FFB mods(sorry can't remember who's I used) but even putting the mod aside it feels very different using the same in game and Logitech profiler settings.

Does anyone have any tips? Or what are the differences in 2012 to 2013 i.e. if I was using 0% linearity and saturation in 2012 should I do the same in 2013? I prefer 320 degrees of lock, is this still doable because it seems in 2013 I'm using much less lock in all the corners.
So really what I'm saying is will 2012 settings transpose to 2013 achieving similar FFB and feel? I think I'm going to have to increase linearity which is what I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the same FFB and feel as 2012 using one of RD's FFB mods(sorry can't remember who's I used) but even putting the mod aside it feels very different using the same in game and Logitech profiler settings.

Does anyone have any tips? Or what are the differences in 2012 to 2013 i.e. if I was using 0% linearity and saturation in 2012 should I do the same in 2013? I prefer 320 degrees of lock, is this still doable because it seems in 2013 I'm using much less lock in all the corners.
So really what I'm saying is will 2012 settings transpose to 2013 achieving similar FFB and feel? I think I'm going to have to increase linearity which is what I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for any replies.

I feel like its totally different unfortunately, less lock and less feedback settings. If you look at my two settings i have posted first post is what i had for 2012 and second post has changed quite a bit to get it anything like i had it before. I feel like you definitely don't need as much lock as 2012 i would start with that first. With the second set of settings i was 2 seconds faster around Korea that's without changing any car setups.

Going round in circles here:). But after many more laps testing the best compromise between the modern and classics i have found that works for me (i have fanatec csr elite pedals instead of the standard ones. Hope this helps someone!

Overall effects 60%
Spring effect 0%
Damper 60%
Centering spring 0%
Rotation 320 degrees

Force feedback options
Feedback ON
Environmental effects 50%
Feedback strength 50%
Wheel weight 0%

Steering Deadzone 5%
Throttle saturation 5%
Brake saturation 5%

Input device - wheel.

I used default Logitech Profiler settings, I have FFB turned off (with centering spring turned on) and;

Steering Deadlock - 3%
Steering Saturation - 20%
Steering Linearity - 85%

It seems like 100% of Linearity is 1:1 on the wheel map, but I'm sitting here thinking, "Why on Earth does 1% to 50% feel exactly the same then?"

I agree with MrPsenna. feels totally different.

Yeah I think 300-320 degrees is a good setting, I still think linearity and sat. are best at zero for now, I've set overall effects at 105% because that seems to stop the sudden loss of feed back mid corner as per 2012.
Wheel weight is definitely better at zero for me because I don't like the wheel tightening on exit.
So profiler is all at zero apart from over effect and centre spring enabled.
In game - environmental 30-40 - FFB 70-80 -weight - 0

I'm going to keep trying but it's not too bad now. Oh and 1.5% steering dead zone helped a bit.
P.S. linearity between 5-15% feels okay, but I still think 0 % linearity is 1-1 mapping i.e. no dampening at start of steering lock, could anyone clarify because there seems to be different opinions on this?

Wheel settings seem to be so much a matter of personal preference but CM don't really help by changing it every year and just leave it players to figure out, thank the heavens for forums hey!

If anyone tries my settings I'll be interested to hear feed back. Sorry no screen shots(not very good at those kind of things) still a PC newbie.

Now using Roberto Costa's real FFB 2012 mod and now the FFB and steering feel much better, if anyone was using it in 2012 I'd recommend using it for 2013 you won't be disappointed.

Profiler settings the same as 2012.

Last edited:
Now using Roberto Costa's real FFB 2012 mod and now the FFB and steering feel much better, if anyone was using it in 2012 I'd recommend using it for 2013 you won't be disappointed.

Profiler settings the same as 2012.

What file do you use? light, strong,...?
I have another question. I'm using the DFGT logitech steering wheel and when i'm in corner I always lose force feedback... It's kinda annoying. It's like I don't have any feeling with the car.

What file do you use? light, strong,...?
I have another question. I'm using the DFGT logitech steering wheel and when i'm in corner I always lose force feedback... It's kinda annoying. It's like I don't have any feeling with the car.

I'm using realistic no tarmac now, but try out light Tarmac if you like. Using the mod got rid of that mid corner loss of FFB that your talking about and try overall effects in profiler between 105-110% make sure wheel weight is zero in game settings though.
I've now turned down dead zone to 0.5 and linearity to zero too. Rotation at 320 degrees.

See what you think.

Seems like I like a different feel. I tried your settings Glenniez and the FFB felt very good but for me i prefer a lighter feel and like to feel the understeer so i can adjust the throttle earlier. Which to me the lessening effect of the FFB is trying to communicate. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Yeah I hear you, I got used to the original FFB in 2012 on PS3 but when I went to PC I tried the mod and just preferred the speed related FFB I felt and got used to it pretty quickly.

Like you say so much of it is a matter of preference, but I wish CM would do more especially for console owners when I play 2012 on the PS3 it doesn't feel as good as the PC.

BTW when you talk about the lessening of FFB this year do you think it's different from 2012 as in you actually still have grip and can make around the corner where as last year it was understeer and you couldn't make the corner?

My settings for DFGT at the moment, using with a little changed "Real Feel FFB mod v5.2.5" from "F1 2012":

Logitech Profiler
Overall Effects Strength 101%
Spring Effects Strength 0%
Damper Effects Strength 0%
Enable Centering Spring - unticked
Centering Spring Strength 0%
Use Special Steering Wheel Settings - ticked
Degrees Of Rotation 300°
Use Special Game Settings - ticked
Allow Game To Adjust Settings - ticked

Driving Controls settings in game
Control Config - Logitech Driving Force GT