F1 2010 Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel Setup Help

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello,

I am sorry first of all is this is not posted in the right place. I bought a wheel to play especially for formula 1 games. The wheel i bought is the Logitech Driving Force GT. I have tried it on F1 2010 and I just cant seem to feel comfortable with it. I have tried adjusting the settings but still does not feel quite right.

Could someone please give me there F1 2010 Advanced Wheel Settings and Force Feedback option settings as well for their Logitech Driving Force GT.

Thanks in advance it would be much appreciated, I know this is a really good wheel from the reviews I read before I bought it. But I just can not get the settings right for F1 2010 with this wheel.

(By the way the console I play F1 2010 on is the PS3).

Kind Regards, Z.

• Driving force GT

Hello,

I am sorry first of all is this is not posted in the right place. I bought a wheel to play especially for formula 1 games. The wheel i bought is the Logitech Driving Force GT. I have tried it on F1 2010 and I just cant seem to feel comfortable with it. I have tried adjusting the settings but still does not feel quite right.

Could someone please give me there F1 2010 Advanced Wheel Settings and Force Feedback option settings as well for their Logitech Driving Force GT.

Thanks in advance it would be much appreciated, I know this is a really good wheel from the reviews I read before I bought it. But I just can not get the settings right for F1 2010 with this wheel.

(By the way the console I play F1 2010 on is the PS3).

Kind Regards, Z.

I had the same problem. Cornering was hard work. Now I have the force feedback on 10%, sometimes on 20% and wheel strenght on 0%. Other settings are just standard. I'm deff sure that this aint the good setting but it works for me.

I use standard settings but I find that when i play that its a bit stiff for corners at first, after a while though the wheel seems to loosen up and it becomes more corner friendly and you just get used to it. i didnt like the wheel the first day i bought it but now i've grown into it. also have a think about changing car setup to help.

TeamButton what do you mean change the car setup to help, like what? , yes corners/bends do seem hard at the moment that is the exact problem. I like the wheel just dont find it easy to handle especially round corners thats why I am after some settings for it.

Kind Regards, Luke.

• Driving force GT

I tought it was stiff aswell when I just started racing with it. Thats why I have my force feedback op 10% and wheel strenght 0%. This way your wheel will turn any direction you want and you can steer with 1 hand easely.

@TeamButton: You still got the feedback and wheel strenght on 100%? And how long do you got the wheel? Because it won't loosen up after a few weeks I guess?

Hi all. I also bought my wheel especially for F1:2010. I use default settings (with 100% feedback). It's nice! I've almost end my season 1 with no aids in intermediate AI, team Lotus (win almost all the races) - it takes almost 3 weeks. No loosening of strenth.

I have yet to purchase a wheel, although I am doing quite fine with the good old ps3 controller.

And yes, I believe this is in the wrong place! Should go under "general posts" at least. All the best with your new wheel! :D

@Driving Force GT: i dont know why but when i turn on the game and use the wheel it is stiff, after approx 30 mins it becomes a bit looser, sorry for making you think it gets looser with age. yep i have force feedback at 100% but i might think about changing some settings but not really sure what to change.

@zzeezzy: if you experience that the car isnt turning much on a bend and it keeps going off then try and change the car setup to give it more oversteer. another thing is dont sit toooo close to the wheel because it cramps up your arms on the turns, thats what i used to do because im short and it still effected me lol

• Amaru

You still got the feedback and wheel strenght on 100%? And how long do you got the wheel? Because it won't loosen up after a few weeks I guess?

I have been using the Driving Force GT for almost 9 months now - always used 100 % force feedback in any game i used it for - it still reacts exactly thesame as when i first used it (very good steering wheel).

PS: using default steering wheel settings in F1 2010

Hello Racing friends!

I use this setting, but sorry, its in german. If you don´t understand this, use it from top to bottom!

Lenkradspiel 0%
Lenkradsättigung 100%
Lenkradlinearität 40%
Gaspedalspiel 0%
Gaspedalsättigung 100%
Bremspedalspiel 0%
Bremspedalsättigung 100%

Try these settings, I found them on the codemasters f1 forum:

Scenario 1 (for strong force)
Steering Deadzone = 0%
Steering Saturation = 85%
Steering Linearity = 50%
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Throttle Saturation = 100%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 100%
Environmental Effects = 80%
Force Feedback Strength = 100%
Wheel Weight = 100%

Scenario 2 (for high grip feeling)
Steering Deadzone = 0%
Steering Saturation = 85%
Steering Linearity = 50%
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Throttle Saturation = 100%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 100%
Environmental Effects = 20%
Force Feedback Strength = 40%
Wheel Weight = 30%

50% steering linearity, and 85% steering saturation seems to be the key for getting a good match between how much you turn the wheel and what's shown in the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back