1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech DFGT VS Fanatec Porsche 911 Wheel

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Georgios Apostolopoulos, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Hello to everyone!

I love playing f1 2011 on PS3 but with the Sixaxis is hard to drive and make good times. In addition i used to play rF with Momo racing force and i know that playing with Wheel is way better!

I am between Logitech DFGT and Fanatec Porsche 911, i believe that Fanatec is better but i don't know how well works its table clamp. Furthermore, Logitech has very ''fake'' pedals, the ones of Fanatec are much better. On the other hand i trust logitech more than Fanatec. What do you say?

Thank you very much!
  2. All I can tell you is the whole reason i switch to a G27 from a DFGT was only because of the DFGT crap pedals and no H shifter. I Dont know anything about Fanatec though.
  3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Well it depend's, Are you opting for the Clubsport Pedals or Fanatec's Standard plastic pedals? Also which 911 wheel do you want, The 911 Carrera ,GT3 RS or the flagship 911GT2? If you are thinking about their cheapest model, stick with the DFGT because it is just as good as a wheel as the 911 Carrera. As for the plastic Fanatec pedals apart from having a clutch pedal, it is not much better than the DFGT pedals and you are right, FYI, Logitech wheels in my opinion do have one of the better clamping systems compared to other brands.

Here is a wheel review video. Check it out.

Don't let the title fool you, its for PC as well.
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

The Fanatec shifter kit comes with two: a Sequential and a H Gate. They look pretty much identical to each other and it is a $50 add on. You just have to switch for one to the other by simply unplugging it from the wheel.
  5. Fanatec ClubSports pack (GT3RS+ClubSport pedals) for $320US compared to Logitech G27 for $300US... Fanatec wins. If you're going for the cheaper models, either of them will be equally bad. :)
  6. depends if you want it to work or not, got a dfgt g25 and 911 gt . a far as telling you which is the best i cant cause the fanatec lasted about ten minutes!
  7. What do you mean? Did it stop working? Are these wheels trusty? I am styudent at University and i am working, so i collect money and i dont want to buy something expensive which will stop working!

The biggest reason that i get disapointed with DFGT are the paddles, even the Thrustmaster Universal has paddles, it is crazy for a wheel of 150 euros. I ll start playing games without automatic box and i really need paddles on the wheel and not buttons. In addition i believe that i have short fingers, will i achieve to touch the buttons while playing?

I trust Logitech and if the DFGT had paddles i would have already bought it but... Please help me!
  8. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I'm blown away at the fact that dazzcupra's Fanatec died in ten minutes, so on that note just spend the extra money and get yourself a Logitech G27. It really is a good wheel and you can't go wrong. You will appreciate the firm metal pedals as well that come on the G27 and hey, the paddles are great on it. G25 is not produced anymore so it may be hard for you to find one. i currently use a G25 and i'm happy with it. Also how concerned are you about degree of wheel rotation?, because if i'm correct the particular Thrustmaster you are thinking about getting has 270 degrees of rotation max. It's 900 degrees for the G25/G27. Good luck on the search for your wheel,i'm sure you will find something you will be happy with. Oh btw i had a DFGT prior to the G25, i did not like the shift button and the soft pedals but the wheel felt good.
  9. Could you easily touch the buttons behind the wheel?
  10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

You mean that paddles?if so yes and there metal too. I'm not sure about the mapping of the six buttons on the front of the wheels for i don't use my wheel for F1 and i only have two on the G25. The logitech wheels are commonly used among people here on RD, that means DFPRO, DFGT, DFEX, G25/27 and even the Momo F1 so that should tell you something about the reputation of Logitech. Just stick with Logitech, you can't go wrong.:)
  11. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I looked for this for you, this could be another alternative for you.

If soft pedals on the DFGT are not a issue for you this could be another route for you to take.
  12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Oh you meant on the DFGT, sorry yes i could but i still didn't like it!