1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech DFGT or Thrustmaster RGT Pro?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Helicon_One, May 7, 2012.

1. I'm looking to get back into simming, but I don't really want to blow £200+ on a G27, so I'm looking at something a little cheaper. I'd like to get a wheel with a stick and FFB, so 2 options have come up straight away, the Logitech Driving Force GT or the Thrustmaster RGT.

From a quick look around the main criticism of the Logitech is the pedals, whereas the Thrustmaster's biggest letdown seems to be only having 270 degrees of turn (If only I could just get the Thrustmaster pedals and the Logitech wheel, right?). Anyone used these and have comments, or can recommend other alternatives at around the £100 mark?
  2. I suggest getting the Logitech 50% discount from their Customer Service and buying Logitech G27 or old G25.
  3. Pretty sure the G25 is long discontinued, right? That aside where do I get this discount?
  4. Yes it is, but it has a sequential shifter as well as H-pattern, whereas G27 has only H pattern (although it can be modified). You have to email their support and tell them something about your broken old Logitech wheel or something., It's good to have a wheel serial code just in case :) Not a 100% of people ogt the discount, but they're just exceptions.
  5. @Jan: So you are basically telling Helicon_One to lie about owning a Logitech wheel in an attempt to get one for 50% off the regular price?

Glad to see we have upstanding members here.
  6. Yes, it is an option. I haven't done it and I bought my G25 for a full price. It is an option however and I am willing to share it since it might help someone. All you can do is to politely ask for a discount and you might even recieve it, it up to you. You can also report a real old and broken Logitech device.

Take what you need from my advice sir Helicon, I wish you luck buying a new wheel!
  7. I strongly recommend a G27 for sim racing, epic FFB, and very good pedals....DFGT and I suspect all wheels in this price category have very imprecise pedals and this will hinder your performance in sims.
    Hard to argue against a DFGT for GT5 with ABS on, but for sims, it's worth finding the money for G27.