1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Logging in from multiple computers

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Alex Ball, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Seems to boot me out of my other logged in locations once I log in from another computer - or is it just bad luck?

I use the forum from home, laptop and work, so it'll be frustrating to have to log in each time ;)

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Do you have the "stay logged in box" ticked?

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Must be bad luck... I am logged in from several stations at once. Same IP's and different IP's dont seem to make a difference. Think its just a coincidence

4. Noticed that, too. I regularly need to sign in again on my PC, even if I checked the "stay signed in" box. And on top of that, my PW manager isn't able to save those login dates (opera)...

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I do not use password managers, so can't say anything about those.

Perhaps it's a security issue. Try to add the site to the "trusted sites" list. Or else use the Facebook login. That works ok for me as well.

The new software did require new cookies, so logging in on all machines once would make some sence....

6. Bram

Bram

Don't use Opera if you don't really have to. Forums run best on FireFoxy and Chrome. When "stay logged in" is it marked it wont throw you out.

7. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

I did have the stay logged in box checked, it seems to just expire the cookie super fast. :/

8. Bram

Bram

I cannot reproduce it with any browser. When I tick the stay logged in box it reminds me every time.

Are you Facebook connected maybe?

9. I don't even have a Facebook account. Opera just signs me out very often. (No, I don't delete new cookies upon close)