F1 2012 Lock ups

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
How do you avoid locking up when braking hard? I've started driving with no assists and I have to brake like 50-100 meters earlier because I can barely touch the brakes for fear of locking up. Do I need to buy that spring mod for the G27 that you see on eBay? It's really annoying and impossible for me to find a good strength to push the brake with because there is no indication of how close I am to locking the tires, it just instantly happens and then there is no chance to stop.

I use a G27, all stock (I kinda opened it up and cleaned the pots regularly though)

Here's the thing with braking on straights in F1 2012, at about 100M<X<200M, you can slam the brakes to 100% and slowly lift it and then tapping it down a little to compensate if you feel you need to slow down.

When slowing down for a turn, try moderately stepping on it

Race line is your best teacher, understand the required braking amounts (I can somehow late brake when it's yellow-orange, and not lock) coupled with the attack angles.

oddly, I had the saturation at 25% and putting it at 95% (couldn't go further for some reason) made it really touchy. I put it at 0% and it is great for my style I guess. At least a lot better than it was, I haven't gotten skilled overnight

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%