1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Lock ups

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by emppu, Oct 2, 2012.

1. How do you avoid locking up when braking hard? I've started driving with no assists and I have to brake like 50-100 meters earlier because I can barely touch the brakes for fear of locking up. Do I need to buy that spring mod for the G27 that you see on eBay? It's really annoying and impossible for me to find a good strength to push the brake with because there is no indication of how close I am to locking the tires, it just instantly happens and then there is no chance to stop.

2. What about trying increasing brake saturation, this should soften it?

3. I'll try that- its at 0% (i think) it can't get much lower than that!
    Thanks

4. I use a G27, all stock (I kinda opened it up and cleaned the pots regularly though)

Here's the thing with braking on straights in F1 2012, at about 100M<X<200M, you can slam the brakes to 100% and slowly lift it and then tapping it down a little to compensate if you feel you need to slow down.

When slowing down for a turn, try moderately stepping on it

Race line is your best teacher, understand the required braking amounts (I can somehow late brake when it's yellow-orange, and not lock) coupled with the attack angles.

5. oddly, I had the saturation at 25% and putting it at 95% (couldn't go further for some reason) made it really touchy. I put it at 0% and it is great for my style I guess. At least a lot better than it was, I haven't gotten skilled overnight