DiRT Rally Loading set-ups?

Anyone else having a problem loading their set-ups with a G27? Sometimes the right button works sometimes it doesn't... I with they'd made the mouse usable or the arrow keys for selecting all options.

I haven't got G27, so I can't confirm or deny any inconsistent behaviour but I imagine most wheels at the moment have at least some minor issues whether it's with assigning certain buttons or truly saving your own custom edits etc. So instead of fighting the game's clear flaws with this department, I'd recommend opening \input\lg_g27.xml with notepad and edit it to create a combination of wheel and keyboard settings. If everything goes well, you may be able to have ALL the control settings exactly how you'd like them, but no guarantees.

Backup the original lg_g27.xml, just in case. And you may need to google yourself a list of "keyboard virtual key codes".

I have Logitech's MOMO wheel and with it Dirt Rally has this more or less known problem of not being able to change the car livery or the stage conditions by default + the game doesn't recognise one of the 6 buttons. Editing the xml file allowed me to assign the livery/condition change to the gear stick (not ideal by any means hence "no guarantees" earlier) and all of the buttons work now too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%