1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loaded brake cell

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Tony Hill, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Hi all

At the moment I am using a dfgt wheel with g25 pedals and shifter run through a broken g25 wheel.

What I want to know is if it is worth updating/upgrading to a loaded brake cell?

I race on Mainly on Race 07.

2. Every post I've read by someone with a load cell brake claims to have improved their times with it, not seen one post as yet saying any different. So I guess the answers yes?
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I have the APelectrix loadcell on my G27. It really improved the driving experience and at 75$ it is a lot of bang for the bucks. Very happy with it and no problems so far.
  4. Load cell will make a big difference with G25 pedals
  5. I was looking at getting a apelectrix one as the price is so low but it has been months from when I got an email back re availability.

Will just have to wait as cant afford Fanatec pedals yet :(
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Yeah it does take some time to process the orders. I think I ordered mine in September and got it early February.

BTW which Fanatec pedals are you looking into?
  7. I have the Ap electrix load cell and it has been like a old friend. However I am building a CST copy so I can get a better feel on the brakes. My only complaint on the load cell is the lack of travel in the pedal after you get braking good. Then the amount of travel needed to modulate lock ups is very small. The upgrade to load cell takes a few times to get used to it but you will like it. I would never go back to pot style brakes....
  8. is anyone here running AP load cell mod using PS3? I sent email asking if it was compatable but didn't get reply :(
  9. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

There's a comment in the installation instructions so I think it's compatible:
  10. yes it works. I used a dfgt wheel and g25 pedals using a old playstaion pedal set wire i wired the connections for the new playstation dfgt wheel.I think the wires needed to be flipped on the load cell to get the brake to work on the right axis...but I drove many hours with gt4/5
  11. THX guys music to my ears ;)

Can anyone now tell me what a Bodnar controller is?
  12. he has a cable that plugs into the g25 pedal cable that allows for calibration and a std usb cable to connect to PC. He also makes other boxes and goodies for using load cells button boxes shift lights and he is making a wheel...he has plenty of irons in the fire....