AC LMP1/GTE @ LeMans - Saturday January 28th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Was a pretty good event and the 919 hybrid is such an amazing car and so much fun to drive! ! It reminded me a bit of the time back when I was racing the Endurance Mod here in the RDLMS. :thumbsup: Started from 3rd, got a punt in that first chicane but eventually got the podium back fighting with the other two drivers in front of me for the first place. We were actually pretty close together for a long time. I turned into a more conservative mode and hoped for the two in front of me who were fighting each other aggressively to slow theirs elf down or maybe take each other out. However the latter didn't happen.:D I lost a bit of ground during my second stint but was able to close the gap to the driver in 2nd position during the last third of the race. However, I was pretty stupid and made a mistake in lap 28, misjudged the entry of tertre rouge while trying to overtake the driver in front of me and hit the barricade. So I had to finished 3rd. Not bad at all since it was my first race in LMP1 class!:) I hope I didn't dive bomb on any of the GTLM drivers. At least I was trying to leave enough room for everyone. See you next time!

Was a pretty good event and the 919 hybrid is such an amazing car and so much fun to drive! ! It reminded me a bit of the time back when I was racing the Endurance Mod here in the RDLMS. :thumbsup: Started from 3rd, got a punt in that first chicane but eventually got the podium back fighting with the other two drivers in front of me for the first place. We were actually pretty close together for a long time. I turned into a more conservative mode and hoped for the two in front of me who were fighting each other aggressively to slow theirs elf down or maybe take each other out. However the latter didn't happen.:D I lost a bit of ground during my second stint but was able to close the gap to the driver in 2nd position during the last third of the race. However, I was pretty stupid and made a mistake in lap 28, misjudged the entry of tertre rouge while trying to overtake the driver in front of me and hit the barricade. So I had to finished 3rd. Not bad at all since it was my first race in LMP1 class!:) I hope I didn't dive bomb on any of the GTLM drivers. At least I was trying to leave enough room for everyone. See you next time!
What hybrid modes did you run? I really had trouble preserving the battery and when I followed you i think you were on a different setting to me. I ran nearly the whole thing in Low Preserve.

What hybrid modes did you run? I really had trouble preserving the battery and when I followed you i think you were on a different setting to me. I ran nearly the whole thing in Low Preserve.
Probably on charging mode. Faster pilots use Kers button on staights before 7th gear.

I ran low preserve aswell and used the kers button in the fast segments of the track.:) Usually boosting in (not always 6th and) 7th gear up to 300 kph. Vmax was around 325 kph which was a bit slower than the other two pilots in front of me, but therefore I was a lot faster through Indianapolis and more than a second quicker through the Porsche Curves. That's where I always caught them. But being slower on the straights made it difficult to overtake and/or defend a higher position. Also my setup was rock solid and balanced.

Last edited:
I ran low preserve aswell and used the kers button in the fast segments of the track.:) Usually boosting in (not always 6th and) 7th gear up to 300 kph. Vmax was around 325 kph which was a bit slower than the other two pilots in front of me, but therefore I was a lot faster through Indianapolis and more than a second quicker through the Porsche Curves. That's where I always caught them. But being slower on the straights made it difficult to overtake and/or defend a higher position. Also my setup was rock solid and balanced.
Thx for that. If you want and if you have time can you let information about your setup in dedicated section ? A topic is open. We are trying to challenge official 3:19:800 record with LMP1 16' on La Sarthe.

Thx for that. If you want and if you have time can you let information about your setup in dedicated section ? A topic is open. We are trying to challenge official 3:19.800 record with LMP1 16' on La Sarthe.

I doubt that anybody will be able to reach near that official 919 record, at least on the mod-track we're racing on. I mean there seem to be quiet a few differences compared to the original layout. Most noticeable are some braking zones and corner flows if compared to the original thing. The mod track is a bit off. I do actually wonder if any of the GTE drivers was able to get near or even below the 4:00 minutes mark.

I doubt that anybody will be able to reach near that official 919 record, at least on the mod-track we're racing on. I mean there seem to be quiet a few differences compared to the original layout. Most noticeable are some braking zones and corner flows if compared to the original thing. The mod track is a bit off. I do actually wonder if any of the GTE drivers was able to get near or even below the 4:00 minutes mark.
With the 458 in qually I did mid 4.04, with a better lap and a more tweaked setup I think that it's possible to enter the 4.02 zone.

On my personal server with overtrack penalty and a xbox360 controller I made a fastest lap 3:28:200 . So I think we can improve it with a better setup and a wheel. Yesterday some were close to 3:27:000.

On my personal server with overtrack penalty and a xbox360 controller I made a fastest lap 3:28:200 . So I think we can improve it with a better setup and a wheel. Yesterday some were close to 3:27:000.

yep, I did my fastest lap during offline practice and it was a 3:27.035. I surely can go a bit quicker now that I know the course a lot better. I mean I found a few places where I improved my racing line quite a bit.

4:02 wouldn't be bad, but talking about records, the GTE race cars are well under 4:00 mins. So it shows too that the track is a bit off. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back