AC LMP1/GT2 @ Nürburgring GP - Sunday January 15th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Summary: my start from 1st place didn't went too well. Somebody must have thought that it's clever to send me off into the pack right in that first corner. Giving me that 180 degree punt in the middle of the race track caused a good mess. So in this regard I'd say job well done! :thumbsup: Not sure why this is happening again and again. I mean the driver in front of you is there for a reason. He gained that position during qualification and was faster than you! Why do people still believe that a race is won in that first corner and for this one has to use all available means?:rolleyes: Anyway I at least expected that the responsible driver waits and gives the position back. But since it didn't happen this time again and my patience ran out I will send an accident report.

Other than that my race went pretty smooth and I finished 3rd. Had some door to door battles but was able to keep the heat mostly at bay.

Thanks everyone and see you next time! :)

Summary: my start from 1st place didn't went too well. Somebody must have thought that it's clever to send me off into the pack right in that first corner. Giving me that 180 degree punt in the middle of the race track caused a good mess. So in this regard I'd say job well done! :thumbsup: Not sure why this is happening again and again. I mean the driver in front of you is there for a reason. He gained that position during qualification and was faster than you! Why do people still believe that a race is won in that first corner and for this one has to use all available means?:rolleyes: Anyway I at least expected that the responsible driver waits and gives the position back. But since it didn't happen this time again and my patience ran out I will send an accident report.

Other than that my race went pretty smooth and I finished 3rd. Had some door to door battles but was able to keep the heat mostly at bay.

Thanks everyone and see you next time! :)
Which car were you driving? I think I saw your incident in my mirrors at the start.

I enjoyed the race, but I had to avoid a dive bombing P1 a few times. Same driver every time. I think a few drivers need a lesson on acceptable driving and a reminder that P1s don't have priority over anyone else.

If we run this combo again I might try the P1 to see just how difficult it is to pass cars safely.

I enjoyed the race, but I had to avoid a dive bombing P1 a few times. Same driver every time. I think a few drivers need a lesson on acceptable driving and a reminder that P1s don't have priority over anyone else.

If we run this combo again I might try the P1 to see just how difficult it is to pass cars safely.

Are we talking about the same P1 driver who cut my racing line and by doing so took him- and myself out at at the entry of turn one somewhere in the middle of the race? :p I must say that I experienced a couple of online endurance championships and races. However the 919 in Assetto Corsa looks like so much fun that I am tempted to try it too in the next club race. It's like a rocket on wheels! :inlove:

Was it me in the red '15 919?

No. :) I can't remember which it was off the top of my head, but it wasn't the red one.
Ok, good, one of the guys in the '16 car span off quite a few times, the '16 car is like 2+ seconds a lap quicker but he ended up finishing only 10-20 seconds ahead of me in the end so might have been him.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.5%