AC LMP1 / GT2 / GT3 - Nordschleife - 1h race - Sat 03.01.15

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A bit of a disaster for me! Had the game lock up and had to restart! Made it to the start but unfortunately did not load the settings I had for quali. Ran into a bit of carnage at the start and could not avoid it! also had someone rear end me but it sounded as if it was a lag it ! managed to catch up and overtake a few. Then shock horror I realised that the default settings that loaded at the restart did not have enough fuel and I had to pit towards the end of the third lap! Trying to be clever I thought I would load my settings but this backfired on me and when I crossed the start/finish my lap count stayed at 3 and everyone went "Blue" Anyway I stuck at it and unlapped myself from a few. Then to add insult to injury when I was closing in on the finish of the 9th (my 10th) lap the sever stopped the race.
But hay I did stick it out and was listed as 20th of 26
Thanks all and Georg for the impeccable organising.

"la più importante è chi è felice di se stesso della sua razza"
->
the most important is who is happy with himself of his race

..... someone more strongher than you :whistling:

mod-edit: included crude translation, our forum language is English

@Andy Jackson You got to look at it this way If there were no slow guys there would be an empty track!:D

Yes you are right Edwin. :) At least we finished the race eh? Good fun. Its a pity about the aliens spoiling our close racing. :laugh:

Hey Georg, perhaps another Nord race with all same cars, Alfa's? Just an idea? And aliens have to start a lap down. ;)

Overall a good race for me. I have been avoiding the Nordschleife mainly because I didn't know the track that well. I did a ton of practicing last night, but still couldn't string a bunch of clean laps. Qualified 19th, but that was actually better than I expected :). At start, the car in front didn't go, bumped him and then I got a helpful bump from behind to get myself going, then got clipped by a spinning car sliding across the track a few seconds later.

The first lap was a mess, may have been because the car felt like a stuck pig with all the fuel....and I have a feeling that the track grip reset to something way below the 95% the practice server was on. Dunno. After the first lap, I kinda hit a groove, with the next 6 laps all faster than my PB I had yesterday, and finally broke the 7 minute barrier on lap 4.

I never did properly pass anyone while actually racing, but finished 12th. Quite happy with the result. Now if I could do come cleaner laps, I might be a little bit more competitive....but this track is tough as hell, one lapse of concentration and you are in a barrier or flipping in mid-air :)

Thanks to @Georg Siebert for organizing the race!

I want to be an alien too someday:laugh:. Oh, but I don't have enough freetime to practice.:mad: Well, maybe after about 15 years all the kids are on they own, and then I have time. But still there is wife and work, god dammit:mad:.

Well, I have to recognize the fact that I never be an alien, but maybe it's better this way. More people to race with:thumbsup:

please, never do an 80's lmp car with modern gt's anymore. was horrible to get stuck behind 787b's in turns to simply get outdragged in the straights to again get stuck behind them again in the turns.

Still a fun event though

please, never do an 80's lmp car with modern gt's anymore. was horrible to get stuck behind 787b's in turns to simply get outdragged in the straights to again get stuck behind them again in the turns.

Still a fun event though
Remco you are fast ...look the result but drive 787 on the corner is dangerous if the set up it's not super, sry for my mistakes if there are complicated your race.
Congratulation for your race you are cleaner and fast :thumbsup:

I had a pretty good race bar some bad errors. I crashed on my last qualifying run and never got to do a lap with the super soft tyres, so my qualifying was pretty good.

What tyres did people use during the race? I went with mediums but could have easily done the race with softs, I was getting next to no tyre deg throughout the race, or in offline testing. I would have thought that track would be hard on tyres.

I was able to stick with the cars in front of me (GT) but it was pretty hard to find a way to pass and I made small errors that cost me dearly. I don't think I overtook anybody, I was in a group of 3 cars. It was always a case of someone would make a mistake, another car would lead for a while, make a mistake and we'd swap the lead around until he crashed again.

What tyres did people use during the race? I went with mediums but could have easily done the race with softs, I was getting next to no tyre deg throughout the race, or in offline testing. I would have thought that track would be hard on tyres

I knew that the tyre wear was turned down and after doing some practicing on the 24/7 server I took a gamble and went with the super-soft tyres. They were overheating a lot, but was only really noticeable at the end of long straights when they turned to mush at 125C. They were at ~97% at the end of the 8th lap and down to 95% at the race end. Soft tyres should have been at ~99% by the end of the race.

I need to look at the replay and see how you and others got around the track in the GT2 cars. I am still not familiar with many of the corners and really tiptoed through a few and definitely lost a lot of time doing so. Its really hard to learn to nail specific turns on the track when you only get a chance to figure it out once every 7 minutes! :)

I have my work cut out to figure out how to go faster especially since you were using mediums and I was on SS tyres and you still were turning laps 10s faster than I was

I knew that the tyre wear was turned down and after doing some practicing on the 24/7 server I took a gamble and went with the super-soft tyres. They were overheating a lot, but was only really noticeable at the end of long straights when they turned to mush at 125C. They were at ~97% at the end of the 8th lap and down to 95% at the race end. Soft tyres should have been at ~99% by the end of the race.
Even off line on normal tyre wear I wasn't seeing as much tyre wear as I'd expect on this track. I heard someone talking about hard tyres on teamspeak but I was running around the house before the race trying to get organised and kick people out of my house, so I didn't hear the full thing and played it safe with mediums.

I need to look at the replay and see how you and others got around the track in the GT2 cars. I am still not familiar with many of the corners and really tiptoed through a few and definitely lost a lot of time doing so. Its really hard to learn to nail specific turns on the track when you only get a chance to figure it out once every 7 minutes! :)
I've spent a lot of time on snoopys nords and it was only really this last session that I felt I was able to get all the corners right. There were a few corners that are flat out that I'd been braking for. It's a track that demands complete concentration, any lapse in concentration and it punishes you, the high curbs just compound any mistakes. The amount of times I've crashed on my out lap on this track is just not funny.

I have my work cut out to figure out how to go faster especially since you were using mediums and I was on SS tyres and you still were turning laps 10s faster than I was
Some of the corners are a lot faster than you'd think they are. Like you say, it's just a long track that takes a long time to learn. I feel like I've just completed the foreword by finally learning the track layout in full.

I really can't wait for the Kunos version though. Snoopys is incredible work but a laserscanned version is going to be epic.

Seems i missed something before the Race?! @Michael Burke & @Jyri Kettunen you were both on Mediums? I just qualified on Med and went on Hards for the Race. Would be interesting to know which compound @Remco Majoor was using as he flow away very quick? All in all a nice and fair Race, 9 Laps is a good starting point, shouldn`t be less for further events i think... thx @Georg Siebert for another well orga!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%