AC LMP1 / GT2 / GT3 - Nordschleife - 1h race - Sat 03.01.15

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Georg Siebert : Since there are more GT2 than GT3 cars (11 vs 8 atm), would you let me switch from LMP1 to GT3?
The class balance requirement should not be the deciding factor what you want to drive, only what you have to drive in order to participate at all.
If you are not comfortable with the 787B or for whatever other reason, then you can switch to GT3, that's no problem.

Please copy the change in class with a agree or a new post.

The class balance requirement should not be the deciding factor what you want to drive, only what you have to drive in order to participate at all.
If you are not comfortable with the 787B or for whatever other reason, then you can switch to GT3, that's no problem.

Please copy the change in class with a agree or a new post.
Well, what the heck - I'll drive the LMP1.

Any ideas as to how one can reduce the rear tire temps? Even with lowered rear wing, less camber and toe, my tires still get up to 120°C on longer straights. I managed 3 clean laps yesterday, but I doubt I'll make it the whole race with one set of tires.

Any ideas as to how one can reduce the rear tire temps? Even with lowered rear wing, less camber and toe, my tires still get up to 120°C on longer straights. I managed 3 clean laps yesterday, but I doubt I'll make it the whole race with one set of tires.

Lowering tyre pressures always seems to work for me when I want to alter the temperatures.

There's 15% tyre degradation in this race, so you do just fine. I think the 24 server is set to those same values, so you can test there.

there are very high toe-in values for the 787b's standard wheel alignment. lowering these a bit should reduce tyre temperatures, but be careful - too much change could make it very unstable.

It doesn't matter much if your tire temps get too high, mine does too. I only get some problems after the longest straight in the last few corners. And because tire degration is only 15%, your tires should hold just fine for the entire race.

Lowering tyre pressures always seems to work for me when I want to alter the temperatures.
Can confirm this, tests with both chargincar's F1 cars a couple of months back and more recently with the GT2/3 cars have shown the same behavior.

You can watch the small yellow bars in the suspension app to monitor the current use of available friction for all four tyres. If the bar(s) turn red, the tyre will loose traction and slide along the surface. Consequently, the tyre will heat up rapidly because of it.

Confirmation two: the 24/7 server is set with the same tyre deg (15%), fuel consumption (90%) and damage (5%) values.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%