1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizard Game Engine

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

(www.simbin.com)

[​IMG]

2. SuperDIK!

3. Bram

Bram

and you can still play the games with your "old" dx9 vidcards :)

4. OMG this looks so great cant wait to the releese.

WAY TO GO SIMBIN!

5. of course you can - the majority of PC gamers still use DX9 cards and for a games company to say they're making DX10 games only would be a VERY bad move for business lol

6. uau looks like a real picture!!

7. Looks great

8. If RACE 07 is developed with Lizard engine it will be full price product...imho.

What improvements I would like to see in RACE 07:
    -Online setup sharing like GTR 2
    -Moddable
    -Should be able to ban player from server with voting(serialnumber/user or something like that), player would get his ban lifted only by server admin
    -Game should be still simulator so fully adjustable but if wanted fixed setups could be used
    -Added classes/cars would nice (ETCC, BTCC) because in reality there are too few cars in 2007 WTCC at the moment.

9. Can you imagine that all (nearly) 500 RPM forum members will be able to get Race'07 as soon as it is released?
    I'd like to see an option where Race'06 users could still race on WTCC'06 servers with people who are using Race'07.
    Although it was a third party addon, this has been done in the Microsoft Flightsimulator series...where people using FS2002/2004/FSX can fly together on the same server, so you don't lose touch with old friends who haven't upgraded yet or whose PCs can't cope with the updated graphics in the newer versions.
    Here's the program for FS http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/
    ...maybe someone will come up with a similar addon, or even better - Simbin will incorporate this technology in to Race'07

10. Wow that screenshot =P~

Can't wait \:D/

11. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

[​IMG]

12. Stiggy, where did you find that info? I can't see it anywhere on their site 8-[

Edit: the screenshot is NOT from Race 07, 07 will still make use of the 'old' engine.

13. yes you are right Sander... Screens from RACE 07 have been released some time ago and they show a heavily updated current engine, but not Lizard.

Nomatter what, it shows something I want to drive :D

14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

I does look like the wtcc 06 car you never know they might have coverted whole lot :)

15. i thought so
    i don't think simbim is going to use that new engine for Race07....because
    1. if they use Race07 as an addon they need to use the old engine (maybe a bit update/polishing on old engine)
    2. it will take to much time & money to convert into new engine (if they still plan for this year release)

i think the new engine will be used in next Race or so....or if they get some big sponsorship....then maybe they can publish a patch to convert to the new engine :) (hey a man can dream now can he :) )

16. Bram

Bram

Ok but knowing this technology is available makes me very happy wether its in race 07 or not!

But this car is defenitly from RACE WTCC, so is there another game coming up we dont know of?

17. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

you never know them screenshots from long time ago might of been from testing on old Engine and was creating it officaly for newer Engine which wasnt complete at the time.

18. This just looks geargious :) Can't wait to play the game :)

19. owjeah this is really a good gaming year!

race 07 halo 2 on pc halo 3 on xbox 360 fable on xbox360 wuhuuu

20. ur so right... race 07 and halo3 bigtime!