LIVESTREAM: RD Touring Car Championship Round 1: Adelaide

Chris

Premium
Saturday, the RD Touring Car Championship returns for an 11th (yes, Eleventh!) season of racing! This season will be utilising the brilliant little rockets that are the Aussie Racing Cars!

Given that they're Aussie, the series itself has thus been organised around Australians, but don't worry, you can still get up in the morning and watch all the action unfold on our Twitch channel! Be there to see 28 of our best tackle the Adelaide street circuit for two races of 30 minutes as our commentary team of Dan Marr, Thomas Hinss and Joseph Wright on cameras guide you through the insanely close battles and edge-of-the-seat racing that these epic little machines produce!

How to Watch?
Simply head over to our Twitch channel or our in-house Live Streaming page, and enjoy the action. It's as simple as that!

We'll be live on air from 20:20 AEST (10:20 GMT) for 20 minutes of thrilling qualifying action as we determine the grid for the first race of the season.

The second race will be sure to throw a spanner in the works as the Top 10 from Race One will be reversed. Meaning the sharp end of the field will have to fight their way back through the pack; something that is anything but easy around the punishing streets of the Adelaide circuit, otherwise known as "The Monte-Carlo of the Southern Hemisphere". Drivers will need concentration, patience and precision if they're the come away with a good result.

r1-track-info-jpg.180326

Season 11 of the RD Touring Car Championship is this Saturday the 22nd of April, we hope you enjoy the show! Be sure to follow us on Twitch, not only for this, but for a buffet of other LiveStreamed e-Sports action!

Attachments

• Round 1.jpg
    Round 1.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 1,202
Last edited:
Well I just watched the stream, great job @Joseph Wright! :thumbsup: Those cars are certainly entertaining to drive, but they also gave a great show! I heard "three wide" quite a few time from my spotter, and was a bit worried each time… But everybody raced clean. With those walls so close and damage at 100%, I was hopping it would give trouble to more people, that would have been my only way to climb in the standings; my pace alone was not sufficient...:roflmao: Very nice commentary by @Thomas Hinss too, not easy when you're alone! :thumbsup: Can't wait for round 2 now! :)
It was manic to say the least, and I loved every second of it. :)

Was the best racing i have ever had, amazing.
Brilliant job by @Thomas Hinss . Just a small not for the next race, It is jamie Pyatt not Pryatt. had a good laugh at it though:)
Ah woops, to be fair I thought I'd end up getting it wrong somehow :roflmao::roflmao: Thanks for letting me know on that and apologies to @Casper for getting your last name wrong every time I said it #procomms :roflmao:

Also thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback for the stream, really glad to hear everyone enjoyed it so much! Always a blast doing comms and love every minute of it when I do, really glad people enjoy listening to it :D

Ah woops, to be fair I thought I'd end up getting it wrong somehow :roflmao::roflmao: Thanks for letting me know on that and apologies to @Casper for getting your last name wrong every time I said it #procomms :roflmao:

Also thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback for the stream, really glad to hear everyone enjoyed it so much! Always a blast doing comms and love every minute of it when I do, really glad people enjoy listening to it :D
No problems Thomas. It was brilliant regardless of that issue. You did a tremendous job. As with the old days when @Scrambles and @Chris used to do the roundup it really adds to the all round pleasure of the whole event:thumbsup:

No problems Thomas. It was brilliant regardless of that issue. You did a tremendous job. As with the old days when @Scrambles and @Chris used to do the roundup it really adds to the all round pleasure of the whole event:thumbsup:
I'm glad to hear that man, well thanks so much on that :D Yeah definitely know what you mean there and just so glad I can help to make the events even more enjoyable for you guys to be a part of in that sense :)

how do we take part in racing? what is this? i'm a serious n00b here
Hi autofrank!
Awesome to see more people interested in getting involved in online racing! :D

So to get into racing here at RaceDepartment, you'll need to grab yourself a Premium Membership, and then you can join any and all the races that we offer for any game supported here on RD (plus a whole host of other awesome perks).

What I would say though, is that since you're new to this, it would be best if you start off in the Racing Clubs first, since that's a fun, friendly and relatively non-competitive way to gain experience with racing against people online, rather than getting straight into competitive league racing where a basic level of racing skill and awareness is required to take part.

If you're just getting started in simracing all together, then I recommend our Premium Driver Academy, where you'll learn the very basics of SimRacing, from how to set up your wheel to braking, accelerating and racing lines. :)

Hope to see you out on track soon!
Cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%