• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Livery Tutorial

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by Doug62, Sep 29, 2011.

1. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    I agree with Doug on the sorting it out, and I know it's a Forum thing, but "Bump"?? Wouldn't a "Hi Guys, I have been trying to find a solution to this myself and still can't.. Can anyone help?" be a better option.

2. Scott Stephens

Scott Stephens

Ratings:
    +61
    Hi gents,

Well after a loooooooong time of trying to sort out how they worked, i couldn't work it out so i posted up on here. Th reason for the bump was it had been a little time and normally there is a reply within a couple of days that was all.

Thanks to you Doug for helping out with what goes where when painting pic, Still bacon, i will take that on board for next time, sorry.

3. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,669
    Just a short note, Doug. Could you add a line on how to paint the 12-spooke-rims for the cars in the tutorial? I looked around in the forum for about an hour until I learned what I had to name the file. Just to save time for others searching for the same :)

4. aussiedano

aussiedano

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey Guys just wondering is there any other Badge templates floating around eg Opel,Vauxhall,Pontiac for the Holden front Grill or FPV Badges for the Falcon? and also is Possible and allowed to Change the rear Tail light cover on the VE to tinted Clear as seen on the SSV Roadcar instead of the red?

5. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    On the template you'll see the grills for all the cars. You can change the emblem to what you want provided you stay within the bounds of the original. There's no template for these badges from us but their not hard to make your own.

The clear tail lights aren't something we see on the real race cars so we haven't and probable want make this a option. We are trying to represent the real V8Supercars series so the models are created with this sole purpose in mind.

6. aussiedano

aussiedano

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah No Worries Thanks Doug just thought there might be an easy way to change the colour of the rear Light cover like the Headlights

7. Dam24

Dam24

Ratings:
    +8
    ok ive got a problem with the windows and it looks like[​IMG] a tad bit like this.

8. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    Your not using the alpha correctly. The tutorial, first post of this thread explains the use and how to do it.

9. raging-bull

raging-bull

Ratings:
    +18
    Hey guys, i finally managed to make the numbers and name look solid in the window. But how to make this area looks perforated just like all default skins included on the mod?

[​IMG]

10. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Its in the Alpha channel to. Its using the opposite colour on the White/Black on the alpha.

E.g, the letters are white on the Alpha, and it is black if it is fully see through.

11. raging-bull

raging-bull

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks mate, it works :)

12. raging-bull

raging-bull

Ratings:
    +18
    Hey guys, just wondering is there any programs to preview the driver suit and helmet? It's quite difficult to preview those two in-game

13. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    Moved to first post.

14. JZ3Racing

JZ3Racing

Ratings:
    +3
    I just want to say thank you for the tutorial on the windows. I was doing it the hard way by removing everything from the Alpha layer then selecting the names and numbers one at a time and painting them directly on the Alpha layer. Now I can make Ford and Holden no problem.

Thank you :)

Here are the V8 Supercars (and PCC Germany) cars I made:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10151085498767101.425967.686877100&type=3

And here is the fictional car set I'm currently working on: (3 out of 28 completed)
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151306140552101.1073741827.686877100&type=1&l=f84a196244

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dam24

Dam24

Ratings:
    +8
    Looking good mate, Keep it up

• Like Like x 1
  16. JZ3Racing

JZ3Racing

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you. Making cars isn't something new for me. I've been making cars for over 10 years. It started with the game NASCAR Racing 4, then 2003 and then rFactor. The NASCAR templates are easier to make since I don't have to worry about alpha channels, helmet templates, or driver suit templates. All I had to do is make the car (driver suit and helmet already included on car template) and save it as a TGA then import it in the game, and same with the pit crew. But when I started making cars for rFactor I had no idea what an Alpha layer was, so it did take me longer to make cars. Then once I saw this tutorial on how to use the Alpha channel correctly I'm moving at the fast pace like I was with the NASCAR templates.

So once again I just want to thank Doug62 for having this tutorial thread and Mojoman ORSM for the original tutorial. I also want to thank everyone at Team ORSM for making the V8 Factor mods :D

17. JZ3Racing

JZ3Racing

Ratings:
    +3
  18. raging-bull

raging-bull

Ratings:
    +18
    Hi guys, i recently painted a windscreen like this :

[​IMG]

But in the game it doesn't show Finance Ezi banner like i painted, instead it shows a standard Ford text banner. The numbers and lower banner are show correctly, just the top banner that doesn't show correctly.

[​IMG]

Any idea how to fix this?

19. Richard Coleman

Richard Coleman

Ratings:
    +167
    There is a file called for example 05_FPR_13_CPStrip if I remember correctly. So in theory there should be a CPStrip template.

20. JZ3Racing

JZ3Racing

Ratings:
    +3
    The Fords banners are always the default FORD blue background. It seems only the holdens have the CPstrip template.