F1 2016 Little problem with AI cars...

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all!

I'm starting my career and in the race I'm having problems... with the aggressiveness of the AI cars.

I'm running the race and in one or other moment an AI car charges me from behind and take me out of the race because I have a collision with the walls in Albert Park. This has happened to me several times because I'm reiniciating the race and always happens the same.

Is there a way to relax the AI intensity and agressiveness?? It's very frustrating to be in first place and have to abandon because you have been collided by other car and his stupidity...

Thanks in advance for your answers and help! ;)

The go for the smallest gap in 2016. For me it was the same, especially if you accelerate slower than AI cars out of specific corners. You'll get used to it after a while. I simply use flashbacks then and give the room we both need.

This is an on going problem with AI in these F1 games that Codemasters seem to refuse to address. F1 2016 is a very much improved game but drastically needs some AI "intelligence". They just don't seem to be able to get AI to realize you are there, something I find very noticeable from grid to turn one in race starts.

Personally I think it's because in previous games the AI was WAY too passive. You could block them on straights, or just hold a line through a corner and they would back off. I've had this happen to me where I'd be trying to keep my nose in and they just turn into me, but it's only happened to me Once during normal driving(and I think that was a mistake since Hulk drifted me into a wall in Russia)

The AI seems fine to me. You need to race them like you would with real people. In other words keep to your line, respect them and don't give them the room to over take you on the racing line. Too many people expect to just waltz around and not expect the AI to actually try and pass them. Situational awareness is also key to clean racing.

The AI seems fine to me. You need to race them like you would with real people. In other words keep to your line, respect them and don't give them the room to over take you on the racing line. Too many people expect to just waltz around and not expect the AI to actually try and pass them. Situational awareness is also key to clean racing.
I also find AI driving much cleaner than most people on line, 99% of the time is real people that spun me off the track, even though I leave them space, I never race dirty, and I end up in the gravel. :thumbsdown:

Ok. Thanks for your answers.

Despite I'm not supporter of using flashbacks, I have no choice but to activate them to solve such situations.

Hope Codemasters will correct these AI behaviours... ;)

Word from one of the developers over on Reddit said that the AI will leave a cars width for the human player, but won't yield to you without a fight. Don't expect to squeeze the AI out on long straights (like Verstappen on Kimi at Spa) or anything too dramatic. Pick a line a stick to it and try not to drift over.

My only issue is turn 1 at the start of the race, the cars seem to brake very hard much later than they should which means I don't react in time and bump into them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back