Little grumble on pricing...

This looks like it will be a very good game but you can always tell when the corporate-management-types and bean counters have had too much say in development...

To buy anything you need vRP (points). Where I live it costs US$6.47 to buy 500 points. The track I want costs 549 points.

I can't just buy 549 points. To get the track I have to buy either 2 X 500 points for US$12.94 or I can buy 1100 points for US$12.95.

But this means I have to pay about $13 for a track that is priced at $7.11 (it works out at roughly 1.3c per point).

I realise I can then get a car or another track, but that's not the point. The point is I want to buy something that they have priced at $7.11 but they want to charge me $13 (and give me the equivalent of a store voucher for the remainder!).

Imagine going into your supermarket and buying a litre of milk and being told "Our price for milk is $2.50, but we are charging you $10.00 and giving you a $7.50 store voucher which you can use to buy anything else you want."

I'd walk out at that point.

I suspect most people would.

Look, I realise we get the base game for free and I realise they have every right to charge what they like and how they like for additional content. But the method chosen means that in the end everyone on their final purchase will always have to pay for points they can't use (unless they can cleverly spend every last point). That makes me feel like I'm being ripped off and that's the bit I don't like.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Yes unlock those Zonda's please and that Ford GT aswell.
I have the day off comming sunday so DO IT NAOW!! ;)

Allso idd love to see Laguna Seca come to RRRE. Good track, allways loved that Corkscrew!
ferrari-458-italia-crash-on-corkscrew-laguna-seca-double-rollover-video-45266-7.jpg

Just imagine ..

now that I see this picture:
I hope that when crashing against a barrier there will be a difference between hitting a stonewall,
tirewall or haybales

I've spent my last bunch of VRP's on the Porsche and the MClaren + Japan. While im back into EVO online racing, i havent driven the Porsche nor the MClaren. Slowly im starting to feel bad about R3E and the current pace. Yes, that's my impatiens talking, i know. I wished Simbin would communicate with us. ( and i don't mean news about more licenses or tracks but i mean about the current state of the game, further improvements, expected features, maybe a final release date?).

I wished Simbin would communicate with us. ( and i don't mean news about more licenses or tracks but i mean about the current state of the game, further improvements, expected features, maybe a final release date?).
Fully agree. ATM we know almost nothing about the planned features and improvements. (multiplayer, league support, livetrack, weather, etc.)

Even if i'd like to drive Suzuka and the new cars, i actually don't have in mind to spend any more bucks because of that "lack of information".
Simbin, give us more informations and you'll get our money.

sorry for not reading the whole thread but i couldnt disagree more with the thread title

i havent spent a dime on this game and made 16000 km(imagined they charged us for fuel, that would be grumpy on pricing) i have a 9th position out of 3000 and a 5th out of 1000 FOR FREE

ive seen games where people to get to the top of the leader board paid thousand if not ten of thousands, the typical pay to win

so as i see it this is free to play and free to win but with expandable content if you like it

since im all for fair play, as usual, simbin can count of getting my money not for i need to spend anything to have huge adictive fun but for im a satisfied customer who returns

F2p can turn into an absolute monster, and when it does, that's when SimBin will lose players if they are not careful.
How do i know this, well I play a game called Shot Online (golf game). And I've been playing it for about 6/7 years. In the beginning they had well over 3k players from all over the world, it was hard to level to a 100. Taking a year or more playing with others. Because there wasn't much in they way of boosting ur stats or getting xtra XP. Then the Korean developers gradually became greedier and greedier by having XP/stats gear to boost you up (cash for that stuff of course). Now to get to level 100+, it can be done in 2 days. The game is ridiculously easy, and very expensive. And now they have only about 2 hundred players. With a small percentage spending stupid amounts of money on game that is an arcady at best......you may have guessed I'm not one of those people :p
Simbin appear to be doing already what SO have been doing for quite sometime, and believe me, this game may well get even more expensive.....

You have been warned :(

Game developers are only interested in your money. Sure, they make a F2P game to suck you in but to get the most from it, you will end up paying through the nose for every piece of content they bring out (think IRacing).

I did take a look at RRE but was left feeling totally unimpressed and promptly uninstalled it. For me, I like a game to be whole (with expansion packs released later that have enough content to warrant the price).

Look at all the cars and tracks in the Race 07 Series + expansions. Imagine if Simbin had given you 2 cars and tracks and then charged say $5 for each extra car and track they released. It would have sucked! RRE will be just like that.

Sure RRE is a newer game but newer doesn't always mean better. I shall stick to Race 07 and contemplate buying rFactor 2 when it is out of beta stage.

Interesting Thread.
1. Agree that Laguna Seca would be my next big request!
2. From my perspective I prefer to pay for content rather than a monthly fee so I'm happy with this aspect of R3E (shorter name might be nice:)). $50 for a complete game is nice but maybe unrealistic these days.
3. I spend much more time playing racing games than watching TV so I just dropped cable channels and added content and came out way ahead! If you think of all the unnecessary things you spend money on ($5 coffee, fast food, movie, candy etc.) this game could be a cheaper alternative with a lot more enjoyment and entertainment value. It's your money so spend it where you like, SimBin just hopes you like their game more than other forms of entertainment.
4. I prefer a game that is in a constant state of development (which I hope this will be) rather than a new and completely different release every 2 to 3 years. Most of the time the follow up games aren't quite as compelling as the original. As a business person I am also willing to pay some money up front to encourage them to keep developing and make it better to suck me in more!
5. For OP, I do agree it would make more since to price content with even number Vrp so that it fit the purchase amounts which are always in even numbers.

I enjoy the game, want more content and other play modes but am willing to wait if that makes it better. Glad to see that there are a lot of different opinions out there - it will keep SimBin on their toes and certainly make it better in the long run.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back