Little grumble on pricing...

This looks like it will be a very good game but you can always tell when the corporate-management-types and bean counters have had too much say in development...

To buy anything you need vRP (points). Where I live it costs US$6.47 to buy 500 points. The track I want costs 549 points.

I can't just buy 549 points. To get the track I have to buy either 2 X 500 points for US$12.94 or I can buy 1100 points for US$12.95.

But this means I have to pay about $13 for a track that is priced at $7.11 (it works out at roughly 1.3c per point).

I realise I can then get a car or another track, but that's not the point. The point is I want to buy something that they have priced at $7.11 but they want to charge me $13 (and give me the equivalent of a store voucher for the remainder!).

Imagine going into your supermarket and buying a litre of milk and being told "Our price for milk is $2.50, but we are charging you $10.00 and giving you a $7.50 store voucher which you can use to buy anything else you want."

I'd walk out at that point.

I suspect most people would.

Look, I realise we get the base game for free and I realise they have every right to charge what they like and how they like for additional content. But the method chosen means that in the end everyone on their final purchase will always have to pay for points they can't use (unless they can cleverly spend every last point). That makes me feel like I'm being ripped off and that's the bit I don't like.

Thanks for reading my rant.

what tweaking on the gt3 cars ?

Andi
I have only driven the closed beta GT3 cars so I dont know if they have changed somehing after that. :)
For me the cars are little bit too grippy and stable in fast corners. Slow corners feels OK knowing that GTR3 cars use TC. Didnt also like how the grass had little affect to the handling of the car.
They were fun to drive but I wanted them to be little bit more challenging to be totally to my liking.
Just a personal opinion. :)
Ill wait till multiplay is released before deciding to buy or not.

They were fun to drive but I wanted them to be little bit more challenging to be totally to my liking.
Just a personal opinion. :)
I'll wait till multiplayer is released before deciding to buy or not.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'll too wait for multi-player before I spend a cent as that's where I have fun most. I can definitely see myself buying quite a few cars and tracks as I liked it, lets say 95% up till now, but without multiplayer its no use for me.

• Deleted member 140486

I like the game so far, but the current pricing and payment system is a no go for me. This is a beta with limited content and it's already more expensive than a fullprice title.

Don't get me wrong, if a racing game is good, gets a long time support and new content over time i'm willing to pay for my hobby but this is a complete false start. They need to attract people and get their exitement for the game at this stage of development, I really have doubts that it will work with the current price point and the competitors.

Not enough free tracks imho. Their Raceroom track is so boring and awkward to race on, and I have no patience for it. If there was a few tracks to try out and decide if we like the game, then I'd probably put some cash into it.

Even the super expensive iRacing has a bunch of free content to use.

• Deleted member 140486

This is also one of my biggest concerns, no problem with the cars, but what if you don't own the required tracks!? Will we have a fragmented community or what are the plans?

Why didn't they release bundles like a starter pack, gt pack, touring car pack or something like that consisting of cars and tracks. So at least the pack owners could play together when multiplayer starts.

After selling each track and car seperate now, it will be difficult to offer packs later without disadvantaging the early buyers, so how is this supposed to work!? Any information?

I have to admit that the "free to Play" nature of R3E has put me off spending:(.

I enjoyed the week I got with the closed beta, managing to try a few different Car/Track configs, but since going to open beta I haven't added any content!!

It's not that I don't like the game it's just I'm not really sure where it will fit into my Sim racing once the likes of AC and other more content orientated games are about. I don't have the money to throw at something I may only play for short while:(.

I agree with skidmark33. All these odd vRP's (e.g. 329 vRP or 299 vRP) are a little strange, when you can only purchase complete vRP-packages (e.g. 500vRP or 1000vRP or 2000vRP, etc.). I was asking this in R3E-beta-forum too, but no replies until now.
Maybe it is nessessary to have smaller steps between these packs, and that you can also buy just 100vRP.

I don't want to discuss the costs. I think the price for each car is really fair, comparing to the long time of fun you can have by driving the car. And not forgetting the fact, that you don't need to buy everything.

Heh, after reading about SimRaceway with its $35 Bugatti.. RRRE's cars seem like pocket change. Pricing is ok, even if they use these odd vrp prices wich leave you with a few cents spare. Personaly i would like to see some package deals though. Makes it easyer for ppl to get together and have the same content etc.

And yes, i am very eager to hear about SimBins plans for multiplayer..
I think its time for another Q&A SimBin!

i have to say, i was looking forward to this one, but they have made a mess of it. If they had done it with track packs and car packs for much lower prices, i'd probably be excited for this one, but as it stands, an old rfactor based engine (we all know it pretty much is this) and these high prices make me laugh when compared to rfactor 2, a proper next-gen sim.

Funny that the Rfactor2 engine which is isi motor 2.5 is classed as new when its a updated version of there first isi game engine. there will be bits in there that theyv'e learned from Rfactor.(isi motor 2) but when SimBin make a new version its classed as the old version
Get over it.... and enjoy the game you like to drive and let others enjoy the game they like..

NEW TECHNOLOGY – SimBin quality
The brand new RendR™ graphical engine, new 7.1 sound engine, Immersidrive™, the latest physics and handling model – it is the rebirth of SimBin racing games.

At the end of the day whats it matter... it looks good and sounds good and drives good
so im told does Rfactor 2 lets be happy we have some new sims out for us to drive..
the same can be said for AC when that comes out..
no need for wars just enjoy this special time:)

simbins title does not feel that good, and compared to rf2 it feels like all simbin titles do - a compromise where some bits of the physics feels very simcade (not all of it, though). Nothing wrong with this, it's just not a full on true next-gen hardcore sim, hence why i am not interested in it with it's current pricing.

So people who can't take other peoples opinions on board should also get over that, I feel.

Why is criticism always seen as trolling or the beginning of a war? I have a right to be negative.

It's OK for you rich dudes,, but when you got to first pay $85-$90 bucks a month just to get online then the $ 6.00 bucks here & $12 bucks there that you have got to pay for this game soon becomes a lot of money. It all adds up very quickly.
Plus I don't know about the rest of you but I have to do it all this purchasing through the Steam wallet system,,, & steam sucks Big time.
They have no support that I am aware of & I have contacted their support at least 6 times in the last 2 years and to date I have never gotten a reply from them.
So WHEN something does go wrong & WHEN you do eventually loose money PayPay is your only savior, and that is another arduous task that you have to go through.

So now that I think about it all,, in actual fact SimBin should be paying me for all the effort I have got to go through just to get online & play their silly car game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%