Little grumble on pricing...

This looks like it will be a very good game but you can always tell when the corporate-management-types and bean counters have had too much say in development...

To buy anything you need vRP (points). Where I live it costs US$6.47 to buy 500 points. The track I want costs 549 points.

I can't just buy 549 points. To get the track I have to buy either 2 X 500 points for US$12.94 or I can buy 1100 points for US$12.95.

But this means I have to pay about $13 for a track that is priced at $7.11 (it works out at roughly 1.3c per point).

I realise I can then get a car or another track, but that's not the point. The point is I want to buy something that they have priced at $7.11 but they want to charge me $13 (and give me the equivalent of a store voucher for the remainder!).

Imagine going into your supermarket and buying a litre of milk and being told "Our price for milk is $2.50, but we are charging you $10.00 and giving you a $7.50 store voucher which you can use to buy anything else you want."

I'd walk out at that point.

I suspect most people would.

Look, I realise we get the base game for free and I realise they have every right to charge what they like and how they like for additional content. But the method chosen means that in the end everyone on their final purchase will always have to pay for points they can't use (unless they can cleverly spend every last point). That makes me feel like I'm being ripped off and that's the bit I don't like.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Oh, with such an encouraging post I though you were on the Simbin payroll ;)

Its true I am a SIMBIN fan but the spending money bit isn't true... when I was a kid £6 a week would have made me one wealthy kid - it'd be 60 x 10p mixes or 300 x 2p bus rides, ahhhh those were the days..

Looking at it again less than £40 for all game content isn't overly expensive for a new release - still going to do a show of support token purchase and see how the Multiplayer part pans out.

i just look at what iv'e spent on my pc rig for sim racing... :redface:
And although this DLC is more that what im used to paying...
I can understand why, and look at the bigger picture of what it has to offer..
I will have to spend my money more wisely and may not bother with other titles.
Iv'e bought allot of sim's and never hardly drive them.. now thats wasted money...
This said its still going to take the right kind of cars and tracks for me to leave GTL.

Its true I am a SIMBIN fan but the spending money bit isn't true... when I was a kid £6 a week would have made me one wealthy kid - it'd be 60 x 10p mixes or 300 x 2p bus rides, ahhhh those were the days..

Looking at it again less than £40 for all game content isn't overly expensive for a new release - still going to do a show of support token purchase and see how the Multiplayer part pans out.
I agree about the 40 quid, what worries me is how many more £40 are there in the pipeline? I like the rFactor 2 approach of "all in" for X amount.

You get much less than half the content of a typical racing sim for your £40.

I'm not investing until multiplayer or sp races at the very least are implemented. Where are the official forums by the way, seems non existent to me.

"Free" is the new weasel word for "demo".

I wonder how many vRP it will cost to activate Single or Multiplayer racing?

Still, once we know what we are up for, if it's reasonable I'll be happy to pay for some seriously good racing around Mount Panorama!

"Free" is the new weasel word for "demo".

I wonder how many vRP it will cost to activate Single or Multiplayer racing?

Still, once we know what we are up for, if it's reasonable I'll be happy to pay for some seriously good racing around Mount Panorama!
The press release said: "New game modes such as the Get Real package and Apex Hunt will be available for 99 vRP equaling 1 EUR."

So I guess singleplayer and multiplayer racing will cost 99 vRP each.

Yes we do seem to forget how much it cost when it first came out. me included.. I think some paid a bit more for the content..
Its only in the latter years that we've seen such big reductions in prices through steam..
but still worth every penny..:)

The problems may come when arranging races if a lot of tracks are extras. Only a few may have the needed track. If the tracks were in packs then better chance to fill the grids.

I can agree but at the same time the pricing is far cheaper than iRacing and there is no membership fee. If multiplayer pans out well and they get some open wheelers I will gladly move to this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back